Requisition Number: SALES01454
Are you a technical business writer with a knack for grammar details? Are you an outgoing person who can communicate well and project manage others? Are you not afraid to do some number crunching to support a persuasive argument or sales position? If your answer is yes to all of these questions then read on. Join our dynamic team and organization at a time of exciting growth and opportunity!
Borrego is seeking a Sales Operations Associate (Proposal Writer) in Oakland, CA (though other locations will be considered) that will report directly to the Director of Marketing & Sales Operations. This role requires a highly organized, detailed oriented, resourceful technical business writer that is accomplished at managing to and meeting external and internal deadlines. This person is part of the Shared Services team providing company-wide support with most execution responsibilities supporting the EPC sales team and the O&M sales team secondarily.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Execute Request for Proposals, pre-qualifications, and vendor registration on behalf of the EPC Sales team.
- Assemble materials from the sales Account Managers, Pre-Construction team, and other legal and financial resources
- Use relevant stock language, company stats and images and write new custom sections as required
- Copy editor and responsible for quality control
- Meet deadlines consistently
- Create new stock material and update existing stock material as needed for the EPC Sales team, O&M sales team as well as company wide qualification materials
- Review bid boards for any relevant EPC opportunities and potentially O&M opportunities
- Review website form lead submissions for the EPC team, for corporate and perhaps O&M and disqualify and assign as appropriate
- Manage Borrego’s quantitative system statistics for internal reporting and market share calculating and for external analyst firm reporting
- Assist the Director of Marketing & Sales Operations in projects as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of technical business writing experience in a deadline oriented environment or submitting technical/business RFP responses.
- Technical business writing superstar - understand technical and financial details with the ability to write succinctly, persuasively & accurately
- Grammar pro - ability to edit their own work and others with accuracy and attention to detail
- Deadline manager - proven success meeting external and internal deadlines for proposal submission or other work often with conflicting priorities
- Interpersonal skills - proactive, clear, transparent communicator with the ability to work cross functionally
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills
- Analytical - ability to perform basic analysis of solar and energy storage system statistics for proposals and other internal, external reporting and decision making
- Competency working in Gsuite (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive)
- Competency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat or other PDF software
- Basic graphic design skills - ability to insert images and maintain brand consistent formatting in proposal materials and other produced materials
- Basic understanding of solar and energy storage systems and business financial metrics
- Renewable energy experience preferred
- Competency with Salesforce reporting and/or data management
- Advanced graphic design skills - ability to use InDesign
Borrego Solar is a national leader in solar & energy storage, with strong and steady leadership and an outstanding culture of teamwork, integrity, and a commitment to continuous improvement. Unique in our industry, Borrego has steadily grown and remained profitable every year over the last decade — and we’re continuing to grow across all areas of our company.
Our mission is “to solve the world’s energy problems by accelerating the adoption of renewable energy.” To date we have developed and built more than 850 Megawatts of solar while maintaining a reputation for quality, deep staff expertise, and a focus on building long-term relationships based on trust and transparency. But being the largest private commercial solar and energy storage company in the United States is not enough. Solving the world’s energy problems means moving from Megawatts to Gigawatts, and that is what we are going to do. Our 2024 goal is to be the leading solar and energy storage provider in the United States. Be a Part of Our Mission. Join the GigaWatt Revolution!
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a casual community-based workplace that is upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction. We promote from within and are looking for career minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing photovoltaic industry. We offer pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Potential for bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
- Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.