Sales Development Manager
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating the truth, and we’re changing the way corporate counsels, litigators, and government attorneys find the right information to better win cases, drive internal investigations, and more. Leading the charge to bring Everlaw’s truth-finding platform to market is our Sales team -- supporting top global law firms, Fortune 500 legal teams, and non-profits and journalists -- and we’re looking for results-oriented SDR managers.
In this role, you will report to our Director of Sales Development and will build out a team of high-performing Sales Development Representatives. You will coach and inspire others, design scalable processes, and effectively collaborate with cross-functional partners. Your attention to process-driven growth, paired with your ability to motivate others, will be critical in helping develop the careers of SDRs at Everlaw.
Whether it be a timely follow up on a request for information, a cold call, or an expo booth visit, the Sales team is often the first point of interactions for prospective Everlaw clients and the team strives to make those conversations memorable and impactful. Sales focuses on delivering excellence through every step of an organization's diligence of improving litigation and discovery workflows, employing genuine curiosity in discovery calls, conducting highly tailored demonstrations and presentations, and curating compelling proofs of value to ensure that our new customers can come on board with a clear path to achieving success. Everlaw’s sales team isn’t your typical one. Whether it’s spearheading a climate-action themed cold calling event, weekly basketball at the local YMCA, or group crossword puzzles over lunch, reps and leadership alike embody a commitment to bringing their authentic selves to work.
Our company culture is open and vibrant, and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, setting your own bar, integrity, and a desire to learn and improve, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing something and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team. Learn more about Life at Everlaw.
This is a full-time non-exempt position based in our Oakland, California office with a hybrid work schedule: in office M/W/Th with the option to work from home Tu/Fr.
- We want you to feel like part of the team early on! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our product, policies, processes, and team structure and goals. And you’ll spend meaningful time getting to know your direct reports and discover what excites and challenges them.
- We’re excited for you to learn, grow, and contribute right away! We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift and uplevel the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1.
In your role, you’ll...
- Build out your team by recruiting, interviewing, and hiring world-class SDRs.
- Establish strong, trust-based relationships with each of your direct reports.
- Operate on an increasingly autonomous level, proactively finding coaching and skills development opportunities for your team as you get more comfortable in your role
- Develop and own a scalable outbound prospecting strategy for your team.
- Lead, train, and inspire your team everyday to exceed their goals.
- Provide daily coaching, feedback, and career development to SDRs.
- Monitor and accurately report on SDR metrics and results.
- Drive improvements in productivity, process, and efficiency each day.
- You have at least 1 year of SaaS leadership experience as a manager of SDRs and a track record of successfully motivating individual contributors to exceed objectives through coaching and mentorship.
- You are relentlessly goal-oriented and data-driven, you’ve been a top performing SDR.
- You thrive in high-accountability environments and are a true player-coach that will lead by example.
- You are organized and excel at handling multiple responsibilities at the same time, thriving at meeting deadlines and solving problems in a fast-paced environment.
- You have advanced knowledge of and experience with Salesforce.com and Outreach.io (or similar software like Salesloft, etc.), and you understand how to make dashboards and pull reports to evaluate SDR metrics.
- You are a service-oriented leader and a thoughtful, clear, and friendly communicator.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus 11 federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Quarterly “flex fund to flourish” bonus to spend on any health, wellness, or well-being expenses
- Work in Uptown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants and walking distance to Lake Merritt
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Enjoy a wide variety of snacks and beverages in the Oakland office
- Bond over company-wide out-of-the-box events and fun activities with your team
- Time off for company-sponsored volunteer events and 4 paid hours per quarter to volunteer at a charitable organization of your choice
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- One of Wealthfront’s 2021 Career Launching Companies, one of “Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces”, and one of 2020’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Bay Area
- One of Fast Company’s World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022 and proud contributor of “Everlaw for Good”
Pursue Truth While Finding Yours
At Everlaw, we are deeply invested in pursuing the truth, for our clients and for our employees. We know that when you’re empowered to pursue your passions, it is reflected in the work. That’s why we’re committed to the professional growth of all our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular career check-ins with managers. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Everlaw requires all of its employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine, unless you have received a medical or religious exemption.