Registered Nurse (Home Health)
* Join Our Team of Highly Talented and Committed Clinical Professionals *
POSITION: Registered Nurse (Home Health)
PAY: Depends on Experience
LOCATION: Oakland, CA and surrounding areas
SIGN-ON BONUS: $5,000 (For Full-time employees only)
The Neogen Care Home Health Registered Nurse provides direct patient care in the patient's home under the supervision of a physician. Responsibilities include following start of care plans, providing treatment, discharges, wound care, medication administration, and working collaboratively with a clinical team to achieve positive patient care outcomes.
- Case management & follow-up skilled nursing visits in the patient's home.
- Consult & develop treatment plans based on physician's orders and initial patient assessment.
- Submit regular patient care progress reports to attending physician and clinical staff.
- Discharge patients after consultation with the physician and clinical manager.
- Provide nursing care and written care plans.
- Participate in and monitor patient and family care compliance activities.
- Professionally manage and coordinate the plan of care
- Complete clinical and medical documentation on all patients.
- Appropriately identifies and utilizes resources and referrals such as PT, OT, Hospice, Pharmacy, Supplies, Home Medical Equipment, and other visits/consults.
- Minimum of Associate degree (or higher) in Nursing.
- Current and unrestricted California Registered Nurse license.
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
- Minimum of 1 year RN experience in an institutional setting. Acute Care/ Rehab / Hospital /Home Health /Hospice.
- If you have been an LVN for 2 or more years and have recently received your RN license and have it for a minimum 8 months.
- Experience in wound care, patient teaching, medication management, lab draws, and IV infusion a plus.
- Ability to chart with Electronic Medical Record Software (Wellsky / Kinnser a plus).
Neogen Care, an essential health industry company, practices all protective measures recommend by the WHO, CDC, state, and county to safeguard our employees and patients from COVID-19 exposure to include: screening, testing, PPE, etc