Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes that cash flow day one. With over $1B in transactions, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a great workplace by Glassdoor and Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised $83M to date, is based in Oakland with approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
Roofstock is looking for a Real Estate Financial Analyst to join our Business Development Team. This position reports to the Director of Business Development and will be responsible for assisting our Business Development team in making strategic decisions, through the understanding of the Single Family Rental (SFR) market and analysis of SFR data. As our ideal candidate, you love getting into the details and solving puzzles. You have strong presentation skills and can convey complex information in a very consumable manner. You are a strong team player and work as well as part of a team as you do individually. You have superior project management skills and have experience successfully managing projects and timelines. You love learning new things, and have a track record of becoming the “go to” person on different initiatives. You want to be part of a high performing team, and most of all you want to be part of something great.
What You Will Do
- Work with internal teams to gather information from multiple sources, analyze the data, and present the story behind the findings
- Work with the Business Development team to design and execute a plan for sourcing and winning new business opportunities as well as developing strategic partnerships across the SFR landscape
- Conduct research, analysis, and provide recommendations on important strategic decisions, including which new markets to enter, potential strategic partnerships, and other potential sources of revenue
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company with new markets
- Identify opportunities in existing processes to increase efficiency, as well as establishing and documenting new processes
- Manage and execute projects, including managing stakeholders, gathering requirements, reporting and ensuring regular communication
What You Bring With You
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Economics, STEM or similar fields
- 1 – 3 years of experience using data to facilitate business decisions, technology, real estate, or investment banking/private equity background preferred
- Exceptional Excel modeling, PowerPoint, and data management skills
- Experience with SQL preferred
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience presenting complex analyses to cross-functional teams, executive members, and stakeholders in an intelligible manner
- Demonstrate ability to make sound judgement and resolve problems without supervision
- Ability to prioritize and structure your ideas into a course of action
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%).
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Unlimited vacation and sick days.
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future.
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture.
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals.
- Company-sponsored outings.
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.