Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes that cash flow day one. With over $1B in transactions, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a great workplace by Glassdoor and Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised $83M to date, is based in Oakland with approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
Roofstock is looking for a Real Estate Associate to join our Business Development Team. This position reports to the Director of Business Development and will be responsible for assisting our team in making strategic decisions, through the understanding of the Single Family Rental (SFR) market and analysis of SFR data.
As our ideal candidate, you love getting into the details and solving puzzles. You have strong presentation skills and can convey complex information in a very consumable manner. You are a strong team player that will help out at a moment’s notice. You have superior modeling and analytical skills along with a passion for Real Estate. You love learning new things, and have a track record of becoming the “go to” person on different initiatives while successfully meeting tight deadlines. You want to be part of a high performing team, and most of all you want to be part of something great.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and manage institutional clients and ensure regular contact to maintain strong relationship
- Formulate and oversee strategies to maximize efficiency and execution for prospective clients.
- Work with internal teams to gather information from multiple sources, analyze the data, and present the story behind the findings
- Oversee and edit plans for sourcing and winning new business opportunities while still developing strategic partnerships across the SFR landscape
- Analyze research and provide recommendations on important strategic decisions, including which new markets to enter, potential strategic partnerships, and other potential sources of revenue
- Identify opportunities in existing processes to increase efficiency, as well as establishing and documenting new processes
- Lead execution on internal projects and external deals
- Some travel required
What You Bring With You:
- BA/BS Degree in Business/Economics or related field with MS/MBA preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Sales or Business Development
- Background in Technology, Real Estate, Investment Banking or Private Equity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Strong analytical, modeling, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Start-up experience is a plus
- Exceptional Excel, PowerPoint and data management skills
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Demonstrate ability to make sound judgement and resolve problems without supervision
- Ability to prioritize and structure your ideas into a course of action
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a well-funded early-stage start-up
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible Time Off and sick days
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals
- Company-sponsored outings
- Discounted Gym Memberships
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.