Thistle is looking to expand our culinary team with talented, driven culinary professionals to help us craft the healthiest and tastiest food in the Bay Area for our growing customer base. This position is ideal for a culinary professional who is interested in working in a unique start-up kitchen that embraces teamwork and creativity.
- Work collaboratively with the team to properly execute menu vision; ensuring consistency and compliance with Thistle's recipes, portioning, cooking and waste control guidelines
- Develop and refine our cooking techniques and general kitchen operations
- Maintain a flawlessly clean working environment, following all outlined HAACP guidelines and safety processes
- Appropriately store and manage all food product to ensure safety, quality and freshness
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing, physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects, as well as stooping, kneeling, bending or reaching
- A strong culinary background (1+ years of school or professional experience, or strong evidence of home cooking experience)
- You bring your A-game every day and encourage your team to do the same
- Experience in high-volume kitchen is greatly preferred but not required
- Personable demeanor, with a positive attitude and strong leadership capabilities
- Possession of a valid California or equivalent Food Handlers Certification
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, and are willing to master new skills
- Shift: This position would work primarily in the afternoon & evenings
- Pay: Commensurate with experience
- Job Location: Oakland, CA
Who We Are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is an early-stage food-tech startup empowering our customers to get and stay healthy. We deliver delicious, organic, healthy, plant-forward meals, cold-pressed juices and snacks to customers in California who want to put their nutrition on auto-pilot. We are not just another food delivery startup or meal-kit company. Our focus is the health and happiness of our customers and we are revolutionizing how fresh, nutritious, high-quality food is purchased, manufactured, and delivered at scale. Thistle is headquartered in San Francisco and we are backed by some amazing investors in the Bay Area and beyond.
Diversity and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.