Physical Therapist (Home Health)
*** Join Our Team of Highly Talented and Committed Clinical Professionals ***
Founded in 2014 in San Francisco Bay Area, Neogen Cares vision is to transform the way healthcare is provided and received by patients in the home. We strive to improve the quality of your life with our team of specially trained nurses, therapists and reliable caregivers. As a leading provider of medical and non-medical home care services we will continue to contribute to the future of our community and support healthy lifestyles.
We are looking for a Physical Therapist (Home Health) to join our fast-growing team. Become a part of a notable company and help us achieve our goals!
Position: Physical Therapist (Home Health)
Type: Full-time/ Part-time, one weekend rotation per month
Pay: Depends on Experience
Dictation Charting: Takes much less time to chart, higher work/life balance
Location: Oakland, CA and surrounding areas
- Planning and administering prescribed skilled physical therapy treatment and training for patients suffering from various injuries, illnesses and functional disabilities to attain highest level of physical function.
- Testing/screening patients physical strengths to assist the physician in evaluating the patients level of function and recording findings to develop or pursue treatment programs and establish measurable training objectives.
- Developing/implementing a conditioning/rehabilitation program consistent with physicians Plan of Treatment and the overall goals of the patient/rehab team. Adjusting treatment as needed to achieve maximum results.
- Conferring with physician and clinical team members to obtain additional patient information and assist in developing, implementing and revising the therapy treatment program and Plan of Treatment.
- Providing Physical Therapy Assistants and Home Health Aide staff with written instructions/care plans that reflect current plan of care as related to therapy; and supervise/evaluate staffs' performance.
- Monitor the appropriate completion of documentation by physical therapy assistants and home health aides/personal care workers.
- Accurately, promptly and thoroughly documenting patients' care observations, interventions and evaluations. Assuring that interim (verbal) orders received from the physician and physical therapist are promptly and accurately documented, submitted for physician signature and implemented.
- Reporting patient's progress to the patient's physician, Clinical Manager, staff, patient and family.
- Submitting evaluations, treatment plans, progress reports and discharge summaries to the supervisor and care management staff.
- Other duties as directed by the physician, Clinical Manager, or personal care plan.
- An advanced degree of Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) from an institution accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
- A current and unrestricted license to practice Physical Therapy in the State of California.
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
- Compliant with state healthcare regulatory requirements.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of treatment practices and physical therapy programs.
- Ability to care for patients with different personalities.
- Ability to assess patient condition and work with treatment plans.
- A minimum of 1 year of recent Physical Therapy experience in an institutional setting.
- A minimum of 1 year of recent Physical Therapy experience with a home health agency.
- Must be a licensed driver with vehicle, in good working order, that is currently registered and insured in accordance with state and Neogen Care requirements.
- Strong skills in observation, verbal and written communication, problem-solving, basic math, Electronic Medical Record Software (Kinnser a plus), and basic computer skills to manage email, texts, employment record self-service, etc.
- Visual acuity and hearing to perform required skills.