Alta Bates Summit Medical Center is San Francisco East Bay's largest private, not-for-profit medical center with a total of 1,082 licensed beds. Each of our campuses has 24-hour emergency, obstetric and medical/surgical services in both Oakland and Berkeley. At Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, you'll find an environment that reflects the values and mission to support healthy living.
The Patient Transporter transports and assists patients throughout the medical center. May also transport patients to and from appointments at the medical center.
Education: HS Diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Licenses/Certifications: Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) required.
Experience: Previous working experience in a health care environment.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong communication skills for frequent and challenging contact with physicians, patients, families; patience and compassion
- Ability to lift and position patients properly using best practices
- Must be customer focused and be able to promote services in a positive manner
- Ability to maintain composure during challenging interpersonal interactions
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work, tolerate frequent interruptions and work well under pressure