Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
As Operations Lead, you'll be in charge of Spin's day-to-day operations, managing drivers and mechanics and building a highly efficient operations team. Great leadership and organizational skills is essential - you’ll be managing a local team and ensuring operational excellence in your market.
- Warehouse manager - manage inventory and make sure repairs are getting done
- Manage build-out, deployment, ongoing maintenance, and efficiency of Spin vehicles
- Closely track key operational metrics and ensure team is running smoothly
- Triage data, customer service complaints, and supply/demand into efficient routes and dispatch actions to be performed by field specialists
- Share your best practices to help scale our other cities
- 1-2 years of experience working in operations, tech or related sector
- Bachelor's degree at a 4 year university - degree in Business, Mathematics or Economics preferred
- Analytical background: you can mold and understand data to drive action and results
- Excellent communication skills: an ability to motivate your team
- An entrepreneurial spirit - no problems with getting your hands dirty.
- Organizational skills
- Experience in managing teams a bonus
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.