Medical Office Assistant
5354 Claremont Ave,Oakland,California,95834-9673,United States of America
Be different. Do what you love. Join DaVita as a Medical Office Assistant.
LOCATION: Travel within Oakland Geography
- Full Time M-F
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including Paid Time Off, Healthcare and 401k
- Professional Growth Opportunities / Tuition Reimbursement Options
- Diverse, Community-based and FUN Work Culture
- Fortune Worlds Most Admired Companies
- Opportunity to have Direct Patient Interaction and Build Relationships
It takes a village to care for our patients and as the Medical Office Assistant, you will be at the heart of all the action. Our Medical Office Assistants work together as a team to facilitate the planning and organizing of all critical activities for our patients. The patients we care for are some of the most complex patients in and need an excellent care team to help manage their complex chronic conditions. The Medical Office Assistant works closely with our nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, and dietitians to make sure our patients receive the highest quality care.
Essential functions of the Medical Office Assistant role includes:
- Act in accordance with the DaVita, Inc. mission and values to deliver high quality care to our patients.
- Assist the field-based house calls team with moving the patient through the continuum of care by communicating with and completing tasks as directed.
- Assist the care management staff with implementation and documentation of the discharge care plan that includes initiation of referral forms, gathering clinical information, initiating the process of completing a chart and appointment scheduling.
- Communicate directly with patients on a timely basis for all scheduling requirements.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of records. Forms are fully-completed, legible, have no unapproved abbreviations and have the proper signatures.
- Ensure that documents get to appropriate parties in a timely manner, without compromising confidentiality or patient privacy procedures.
- Communicate authorization/denial for services to appropriate parties.
- Demonstrate exceptional two-way communication using clear and well-organized oral and written techniques.
Qualifications of the Medical Office Assistant:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience in a medical office or hospital setting a bonus
- At least two (2) years of experience in a professional office environment
- Ability to work with and resolve confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
- Excellent verbal communication skills over the phone
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office/Excel/Outlook
- Patient engagement - candidates really need to be PATIENT-FOCUSED
- Commitment to service excellence and patient satisfaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption is required.
Our Core Values:
- Service Excellence
- Continuous Improvement
- FunJoin us as a Medical Office Assistant as we pursue our vision “To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen.“Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.Go to to learn more or apply.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A “community first, company second“ culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Join us as we pursue our vision “To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen.“
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis,click here.
Follow us onFacebookandLinkedIn
What Well Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVitas online training platform StarLearning.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as “a place where I belong.“ Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidates qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at