Req Number: 22351
We invite you to come join the RadNet Radiology team as a Mammography Technologist.
The Mammography Technologist is responsible for screening and performing diagnostic mammography procedures. The person in this position responds to patient questions and concerns regarding exam procedures and process, while maintaining professional and exercising confidentiality regarding personal health information. This person is responsible for all paperwork associated with technical procedures and responds to physician questions and needs regarding patient procedures. Some technologists may work under the direct medical supervision of a physician during certain procedures.
As a Mammography Technologist, you will have the opportunity to:
- Perform a variety of tasks involving the operation of mammographic equipment and other equipment/devices as appropriate.
- Position patients and uses immobilization if necessary.
- Select proper mode to produce correct exposure factors.
- Evaluate images for diagnostic quality, obtaining additional images as needed.
- Prepares and sets up medical supplies using aseptic techniques if appropriate. Explain procedures to patients.
- Provide orientation, education, and training to student/new mammographers.
- Produce high quality diagnostic images in a timely manner while providing excellent patient care.
- Monitors patients' well-being during exam; recognizes patient discomfort or medical problems and takes appropriate action.
- Understands and uses compression, exposure modes, filter, KvP, Mas, grid selection, focal spot size, AEC selection, photo cell selection and other adjustments and factors on the equipment in order to produce high quality images.
- Use ALARA concept to minimize patient radiation doses. Documents and reports any over-exposure and advises management immediately.
- Checks patient history, and obtains appropriate signed waivers, if necessary.
- Consult with radiologist when necessary to determine appropriate exam.
- Assist radiologist(s) with stereotactic breast biopsies and other interventional procedures if needed.
- Checks referral for appropriate study based on patient history.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly QC testing to ensure the quality control functions related to mammography.
- Participate in projects and completes other tasks as assigned by management.
We offer career advancement opportunities & benefits including: medical / dental / vision coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, a pre-tax 401k plan, a pre-tax flexible spending plan, education reimbursement, free life insurance, inter-company transfer opportunities, hands-on training, and a host of other perks! Work today, get paid today! We've partnered with DailyPay, a voluntary benefit to offer employees access to their pay on their own schedule.
Become a valued member of our growing company by submitting your resume.