Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
- Recommend and develop material handling solutions, select equipment to optimize flow issues in warehousing, powder handling operation, manufacturing work cells at our plant facility or at coman sites
- Experience selecting and deploying tools for manufacturing and distribution to enable rapid effective scaling
- Ability to solve problems, analyze information analytically and evaluate results to choose the best solution and implement the solution
- Ability to present ideas in presentation formats to sell your ideas to peers and management
- Drive process improvements to increase yield and OEE. Utilize data driven quality strategy (DMAIC) for improving the process to justify capital improvements and use regular metrics-driven cadence and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure progress
- Collaborate and partner with functions across the company including the R&D team, Business Operations, Product Marketing and Sales team
- Provide methods and processes to the manufacturing team to reduce process variation (improve process capability) to ensure consistent product quality and adherence to manufacturing standards
- Lead or assist in process start-up activities at manufacturing sites
- Ensure that all systems and operations meet and maintain appropriate safety, environmental, regulatory and food quality standards
- Provide input into new designs to improve equipment layouts and general operations
- Other targets as assigned
- Experience in food manufacturing experience with chemical, mechanical food science, or industrial degree. At least 5 -10 years of technical and/or project management experience
- Direct experience with food and/or biotech processes & systems, large scale manufacturing equipment, manufacturing plant design, project management and downstream process scale-up and troubleshooting
- Ability to work with, manage and lead a diverse, dynamic team effectivelySelf-motivated individual with strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to continuously establish and maintain excellent record keeping, budgeting, scheduling and accountability
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time to support project construction & start-up activities.
- Ability to influence and lead individuals and teams including and outside of one’s direct reports
- Focused in the areas of Operational Excellence, DMAIC, and Lean tools
- A hands-on individual with good people skills
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics