Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
This position supports and works with Corporate EHS to maintain environmental, health & safety compliance for a food processing facility. The EHS Manager will help implement and administer safety programs in support of the Impossible Foods Injury and Illness Prevention Program. This position will be responsible for efforts to ensure site compliance with all environmental regulatory requirements.
- Act as the primary site EHS contact and will collaborate with all employees to pro-actively identify safety risks and provide solutions.
- In support of the Plant Manager, assist with meeting manufacturing plant EHS compliance requirements and reporting.
- Coordinate and oversee outside vendors for various services provided for safety compliance and environmental regulatory requirements.
- Supervise direct reports to support manufacturing plant operations in the areas of safety, waste management, recycling, and emergency response.
- Be responsible for management of hazardous waste, preparing waste for disposal, tracking of data and manifests, and completing all reports.
- Be responsible for site safety inspections, safety equipment checks, and using instruments to collect data and evaluate work areas.
- Develop site-specific programs to train supervisors and employees, programs will meet corporate standards and meet regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate, schedule, and present all required EHS training for employees and contractors.
- Support development of the safety culture in support of overall Corporate EHS goals and objectives.
- Track and report facility EHS goals according to key metrics (ex- lost time accidents).
- Support compliance with SQF and regulatory requirements.
- Track and report progress of safety team activity, area safety audits, and incident investigations.
- Be responsible for performing storm water inspections and storm water sampling, as required.
- Lead the Emergency Response Team and participate as an active, fully trained member.
- May need to respond to facility emergencies at all hours.
- A minimum of 7 years Environmental, Health and Safety experience in a food processing or manufacturing environment.
- Experience supervising direct reports and contractors, managing performance to key department goals, and communication to all levels of the organization.
- Experience with applicable local and state safety and environmental regulations as well as other applicable Federal regulations.
- Demonstrated industry practices knowledge and experience implementing policies and procedures.
- Ability to resolve issues in innovative as well as practical ways.
- Ability to interact positively with employees while maintaining a customer service approach.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office applications and technical writing ability.
- Availability to be on call or work off hours as needed.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently with attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with local regulatory agencies preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and spend a large portion of each shift walking.
- A BS in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Sciences, or a related field is required.
- Certification or course work in occupational safety and environmental related programs is required.
- Previous or current First Aid/CPR/AED certification is required. If not First Aid/CPR/AED certified, certification will be completed after hire.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics