Local Unit & Position Description
Brief Team and Position Summary
DNV GL - Oil and Gas Pipeline Services is seeking to fill the role of Electrical Field Engineer/Technician. This position will be located in or near Oakland, CA (Bay Area) and will cover project sites in Central to Northern California.
In support of the Critical Documents Project, the Electrical Field Engineer/Technician position includes on-site Quality Control (QC) Assessments and oversight of Electrical Subcontractors who will be “As-founding“ (i.e. field verifying) Electrical Schematics, Single Line Diagrams, and Equipment Lists for natural gas transmission facilities such as Compressor, Metering, and Autovalve Stations.
Tasks May Include
- Conduct On-site QC and oversight of Electrical Subcontractors who will be “As-founding“ (i.e. field verifying) Electrical Schematics, Single Line Diagrams, and Equipment Lists for PG&E transmission facilities such as Compressor, Metering, and Autovalve Stations. QC any existing drawings that are red-lined or new drawings that may need to be created on-site by the Subcontractors during the As-founding efforts.
- Act as DNVGL's onsite safety representative and ensure all of the clients Safety and Operational Procedures are adhered to by the Subcontractors
- Possible desktop QC review of new vendor Electrical drawings created during the As-founding project for each station
- Associates degree in electrical/electronics
- A minimum of 5 years' work experience for associate degreed applicants. *Must have field experience
- Familiarity with Electrical Power systems, Panels, and devices. PLC's, Power Distribution Panels, Scada Panels, RTU Cabinets Terminal Blocks, Control Panels, and Electrical Equipment such as Actuators, PIT's, VFD's, power generators, etc.
- Familiarity with Electrical arrangements, nomenclature, symbology, protection functions, and operation of electrical systems
- Strong Familiarity in relevant industry codes and standards – Preferred
- Preferred experience in working in transmission facilities such as Compressor Stations
- Travel requirement (75% of the year) primarily within Central to Northern California area.
- Physical abilities necessary to perform regular functions of the job (standing, lifting, climbing, other)
- Ability to undertake technical activities with limited supervision
- Must have current valid drivers license with good driving record
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Fluency in English is Mandatory
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Qualified Electrical Professional (QEW) certification is preferred
Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the technical advisor to the oil and gas industry. We bring a broader view to complex business and technology risks in global and local markets. Providing a neutral ground for industry cooperation, we create and share knowledge with our customers, setting standards for technology development and implementation. From project initiation to decommissioning, our independent experts enable companies to make the right choices for a safer, smarter and greener future.