Entry Level Diesel Mechanic
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
- Have you ever thought about a career as a Diesel Technician?
- Are you tired of working hard at a dead-end J-O-B and no appreciation for your contributions?
- Do you want to feel proud of what your do and get on the path to a better and brighter future for you and your family?
- Did you take apart and put back together that pickup truck in your driveway? Does your compact have an exhaust pipe that is way too loud and spoiler with enough down force to keep you driving under the speed limit? (Looks nice though).
- Are you working as a lube tech or other position in the maintenance shop, but your company does not provide education or tools?
- Then this is your opportunity of a lifetime! Dickinson Fleet Services, a national leader in mobile onsite fleet maintenance, is proud to announce open enrollment into our next FleeTec Academy class, which is scheduled to start February 7th, 2022 in Phoenix, AZFleeTec Academy is a paid educational program that leads to a path to become one of our full time Diesel Technicians. It was established by us to help people get into Diesel Maintenance field who otherwise might not be able to afford to spend over a year of their life at an expensive formal Technical School with all of the associated tuition debt and buy all of the necessary tools for the job without maxing out their credit card.That’s right, we pay you to go through our program, we give you free education on fundamentals of Diesel Engines and how to fix trucks, along with a set of hand tools with toolbox, to get you on your way to be the best Diesel Technician out there!Sounds too good to be true. What is the catch, right? Here is what we ask from you in return: You must be willing to study hard (and we mean HARD!) for four (4) weeks of full-time schooling at our Academy Campus. Travel expenses are paid by us, along with hotel accommodations and stipend for meals, plus a weekly paycheck. Upon completion of the initial classroom phase, you will be paired up with a Lead Technician in your market for further hands-on training and offered an actual full-time job with us! Every so often you will be sent back for further classroom study to keep developing your skill set, and upon successful completion of the full multi-year program, you will be able to call yourself a Diesel Technician! Oh, and keep the tools.To summarize:
- 4 weeks paid classroom training; all travel expenses paid.
- Free Technical Education
- Further hands-on training by one of our technicians and a full-time job with us as a Mobile Diesel Mechanic in your market.
- Real pay rates that you can afford to pay rent with and a predefined pathway for raises.
- Our Mobile Technicians are assigned a state-of-the-art vehicle, with all the bells and whistles, which they use to perform vehicle repairs at our customers’ locations. You are not going to be doing emergency truck repairs on a side of the road as part of your everyday duties, but rather go to our customers’ locations to do preventative maintenance and general repairs onsite, so they can keep their vehicles running efficiently without having to take them to the shop.Sounds like something you might be interested in. Apply now! Our class size is kept extremely small to ensure we can dedicate the time to teach our future technicians properly. We only have one spot in each geographical market we hire, so it will be competitive. Could that next hire, be you?
- Here is what you bring to the table:
- Desire to start a career as a Diesel Technician and become one of our Mobile Mechanics.
- Willingness and ability to study hard.
- Dedicate 4 weeks away from home to be with us.
- Maturity level to focus on the task at hand. This is not a summer camp, but a start of your career path.
- Technical aptitude and a passion for fixing vehicles.
- Ability to operate iPad.
- Must be 21 to drive one of our trucks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- We conduct background checks, driving records checks, pre-employment drug testing and physical.
- If you have just separated from Active Military Duty and looking for that next step in your life, we want to hear from you!
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.