Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission of Recovering Hearts & Saving Lives driven by a Patients First culture. With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, offices in Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed's 1,300 employees form one of the fastest growing medical technology companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
In this role as a Cardiology Account Manager, you and your clinical partner will be responsible for driving growth in the East Bay franchise. You will attend cases and provide comprehensive guidance to physicians and staff on the use of our Impella® product portfolio to drive positive outcomes. Your goal is to develop the market in a given territory to help recover hearts and save patients' lives.
To be successful in your role you will need advanced knowledge in interventional cardiology, strong sales skills, and business savvy partnered with leadership and training skills that promote trust, respect and are backed by honor and integrity.
- Promote & sell Impella® product line to established customers (physicians and Heart Teams including Interventional Cardiologists, Cardiac Surgeons, and Administrators).
- Identify new customers (physicians and hospitals) and lead the efforts in activating new centers
- Create account/territory business plans and build programs
- Exceed sales for assigned territory
- Initiate Impella® development activities focused on increasing awareness in the market
- Lead clinical teams whose expertise help drive Impella® adoption in assigned territory
- Bachelor's degree required,
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in cardiovascular medical device sales required
- Proven track record of selling into a Cath Lab or surgical suite required
- A proven track record in leading and motivating teams to successfully achieve quotas required
- Strong knowledge of interventional cardiology required
- Experience selling within assigned geography preferred
- Established relationships/network of Interventional Cardiologists and Cath Lab staff in the East Bay territory
- Proven track record of technology adoption and market development
- Direct patient support experience required
- Availability for emergent patient care required
- Ability to drive patient outcomes required
- Ability to travel up to 50% overnight
- Conduct duties and responsibilities in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations governing the medical device industry required
ABIOMED is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or national origin.