Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes that cash flow day one. With over $1B in transactions, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a great workplace by Glassdoor and Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised $83M to date, is based in Oakland with approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
As a data analyst you generate insights from data. Analytics at Roofstock is a two way street: sure you use data to answer questions posed by others, but you also formulate and test your own hypotheses, and use your data sense to inform and influence the process. A key outcome of your analyses are the datasets you assemble: focusing on foresight, quality and maintainability are paramount to enable future re-use. You will build visualizations to communicate your results, and also to encourage future self-service by our partners. You thrive in a team environment, and are willing to pitch in wherever needed to help the team succeed.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established but small and quickly growing company working on a wide projects with talented data engineers, data scientists, and other data analysts in an integrated Data Team. We care about your career growth so you’ll have opportunities to develop along at least three paths in addition to maturing as an analyst and data architect: data engineering (more data processing & computational systems), data science (more modeling, ML, and algorithms), or product (more business).
What You Will Do:
- Build pipelines to gather, refine, and transform large diverse datasets into simplified, meaningful, and actionable aggregations
- Analyze this data, to provide information that supports decision making across the company
- Develop reporting workbooks and dashboards (Tableau and others)
- Rapid prototyping and feasibility analyses to determine utility of more advanced machine learning.
- Some analyses will require basic statistical tests, and prototypes will occasionally involve building basic statistical and machine learning models (regression, random forests, etc.)
- Be responsible for data accuracy and integrity, implement data quality processes
- Work with varied structured and unstructured datasets
- Write robust python & SQL code, operating on a modern cloud stack (AWS, Azure, Snowflake)
What You Bring With You
- BS or MS statistics, computer science, analytics, economics, physical or social science, engineering, operations research, or similar quantitative and computational field
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Intermediate/advanced SQL, intermediate/advanced data modeling, novice/intermediate python and/or R, intermediate Tableau or other BI/viz tool
- Structured approach to problem solving: ability to take a broad challenge and break it down into solvable components, accounting for confounding variables and statistical challenges
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prototype rapidly, and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to effectively explain, influence, and advise with interdisciplinary partners
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a well-funded early-stage start-up
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible Time Off and sick days
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals
- Company-sponsored outings
- Discounted Gym Memberships
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.