Maintenance Technician | Allegro at Jack London Square by Windsor - Oakland, CA
At Windsor Communities, it’s all about people. Our residents depend on us to be observant, interested in their lives, and quick to respond to their needs. We enjoy working with them and with each other. Every day is different: rewarding, challenging, and fun. Join an environment where your team becomes your family and your profession becomes your passion.
As a Windsor Maintenance Technician, you have a dedication that cannot be beat. You are hardworking, self-motivated, and take pride in a job well-done. Does this sound like you? Then you should bring your expertise and work ethic to Windsor!
Successful Maintenance Technicians come from various backgrounds including: apartment maintenance, HVAC, general labor, construction, hotel and recent technical school graduates.
Day to Day – the nitty, but not the gritty:
- Tuesday through Saturday schedule - 8 AM - 5 PM, on call every 3 weeks!
- Respond to maintenance issues, follow-up with residents and office staff, and handle routine issues for appliances, pools, and building upkeep
- Be a valuable member of the maintenance team, and be responsible for checking, troubleshooting, and making routine repairs
- Resolve any maintenance issues including: appliances, air conditioning, heating, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, pools, and other building items
- Responsible for compliance with all OSHA regulations and any applicable laws in your area, regarding health, safety, or environment, as well as budget and key control
- Work directly and consistently with residents to analyze and resolve issues
- Resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner, with a sense of urgency and customer focus
Your skills - show us what you got:
- Experience in apartment and/or residential maintenance
- Excellent communication skills and professional appearance to work with our high-end residents
- Individual must be AC qualified and able to read wiring diagrams
- High level of competency and efficiency in all aspects of maintenance operations (pool, appliance, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, etc.)
- Capable of performing sustained manual labor
- May require overtime, holiday, and weekend work
- Must be on-call for after-hours emergencies
- Requires ownership of hand tools
- Ability to work in inclement weather
- Great time management skills
Perks – the good stuff:
- Free, on-site housing
- Competitive salary, plus quarterly performance bonuses
- Monthly customer service awards
- Bi-annual regional sales, service, and performance awards
- Company matched 401(k)
- Vacation and personal time that includes 10 vacation days, 6 sick days, and 2 personal days per year plus company observed holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition Assistance
Our Commitment to You – our greatest asset:
Windsor is a growing company that fosters a professional attitude and a strong team spirit. We are committed to training our employees well, honoring their achievements, and promoting from within. The people who work here are outgoing, caring, and proud of what they do. If you’re someone who welcomes responsibility and enjoys getting involved, you’ll fit right in!
Windsor Communities provides training, mentoring, growth, and advancement opportunities for our valued associates. Start your Windsor career now!
Drug testing and background checks are an employment requirement. Upon submission of your application, you will be invited to complete the Infor Talent Science Assessment. These are required steps in the hiring process.
Windsor Property Management Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer