The ideal candidate will have familiarity with routing/switching, WAN and wireless troubleshooting, NextGen firewalls, and have experience in one or more of the following technologies: Juniper, Aruba, F5, and Palo Alto Networks.
This candidate should have experience with DNS/DHCP, SSH, Remote Access VPN, network automation/scripting, Network Access Control (NAC), and F5 Big IP.
- Diagnose and resolve problems reported by users or network management software.
- Install, replace, configure and administer switches, routers, wireless systems using best practices.
- Create, maintain, and support processes and ensure ongoing communication of processes to internal teams and business customers.
- Configuration and deployment of network hardware/software using defined process guidelines.
- Follow change management practices.
- Implement policies, procedures, and technologies which ensure network security and integrity
- Ensure incident management processes are followed and participate in incident reviews as required.
- Conduct root-cause analysis by identifying a source for network connectivity issues
- Deliver solutions that minimize future symptoms or related problems
- Perform capacity and availability management standard work.
- Test, apply and communicate software and code updates as required.
- Schedule and coordinate regular IDF maintenance.
- Work with Network Engineers on projects as needed.
- Provide on-call duties, weekend and after hours support as required.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or a related discipline is desired.
- Two years of experience working in IT Networks
- Excellent verbal/written customer communications skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Active learner, seeks knowledge and stays current with new network technologies
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Experience managing small projects, systematic problem solving and have demonstrated an ability to prioritize and plan.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously according to criticality