Andersen is large enough to offer a wealth of opportunity, yet small enough so that what you do is noticed, what you say is heard and what you achieve is rewarded. The key to the company’s enduring success is its thoughtful approach, from hiring employees to acquiring new companies.
At Andersen, Orange is how we describe a spirit that drives us to imagine what’s possible. Our commitment at Andersen is to have an inclusive and diverse workplace where employees feel respected, valued and driven to realize their full potential. Whether in product development, our manufacturing processes, sales programs and services, the relationships we build—with our customers, our communities and each other—we see possibility everywhere, every day and use our collective talents to make it happen. We hope you’ll accept our invitation to Be Orange, Be You at Andersen.
PURPOSE: Finance leader supporting strategic, complex, enterprise initiatives through ideation, detail design, development, testing, implementation and stabilization. Initiatives are medium sized cross functional or functional enterprise projects which cross multiple business processes and/or business divisions. Responsible for ensuring finance capabilities and systems delivered meet aligned enterprise standards, leverage best practices, lean and smart automation strategies and are implemented within a system of strong internal controls and according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Transformational Focus: Digital and business process transformation support must equate to a minimum of 75% of this role.
- Uses formal transformation processes, tools, templates and methodologies to lead or support medium cross-functional or functional projects which require engineering or re-engineering of finance capabilities (business processes) and systems or transactions.
- Manages the relationship with business process owners, operational experts, project sponsor(s) and key stakeholders to ensure collaboration, common agreement / alignment of scope, timeline, deliverables and tradeoffs from project ideation thru closure.
- Supports and leads the escalation of issues timely and appropriately.
- Coach, mentor, and supervise project subject matter experts / designers and team members in a timely, professional manner. Holding them accountable to delivering project milestones on time and in a quality manner.
- Operational Focus: Depending upon role, leader may or may not focus up to 25% of their time operationally in a current state environment.
- Provides operational support to maintain subject matter expertise of current state business processes and systems while balancing the continuous support of transformation; especially during key financial cycles.
CULTURE AND BENEFITS: Our vision is to make the world a better place by living up to the promise that everyone benefits from their association with Andersen. We’re committed to making a difference through challenging ourselves each day, recognizing and rewarding success, taking pride in our work and honoring a legacy built on doing the right thing. There is great respect for life outside work so that you can bring your best self to work.
As an innovative and industry-leading organization, we think of benefits more broadly. From your health care to your work environment, to your development and quality of life, we think beyond basic benefits to provide a total rewards package including, but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan & contributions
- Professional development & tuition reimbursement opportunities
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities
- Environmentally conscious business decisions
- 8,000 employees and career opportunities nationwide
- BS in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Business Admin or related field. 7 or more years of related experience and/or training. 3-5 years transformation experience, or equivalent.
- Advanced understanding of complex accounting practices, processes, and principles.
- 7 years of supporting transformation initiatives.
- Experience with leading or implementing financial business process changes at an enterprise level.
- Strong packaging and presentation skills with the ability to ‘tell the story’ and to express finance and project technical concepts in business terms.
- Ability to work independently as well as facilitate and collaborate in an environment with large, complex teams.
- Operational exposure to formal business process transformation tools: lean six sigma, project management, process analysis experience or certifications: Project Management, lean six sigma, business architecture, process analysis, process design, etc.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated professional and mature conflict management skills.