Trauma Group Therapist
Who We Are
Compass Health Center is one of the largest providers of PHP/IOP services in North America, providing crisis-level mental health care in a comfortable, outpatient setting. With robust programs for children as young as five through all stages of adulthood, we are proud to offer multi-disciplinary, evidence-based treatment to those in need.
With current locations in Northbrook and Chicago, we are excited to be opening our third facility in Oak Brook, IL. At this state of the art facility, we will continue to further our mission of setting the standard of excellence within the PHP/IOP space.
We are seeking a Group Therapist to join our Trauma Program, which provides intensive treatment patients 18 and older.
We are seeking experienced clinicians with a background and/or training in evidence-based approaches to working with survivors of trauma. In this role, you will facilitate Trauma focused psychoeducation and skills-based groups, as well as provide individual support for patients as needed.
If you work effectively with patients in crisis, possess an excellent work ethic, feel passionate about patient care, and have the ability to work collaboratively with others, you would be a great fit for our team.
Note that this role will ultimately be based in Oak Brook, but will be training in Chicago/Northbrook from mid-June until early-August when the Oak Brook facility officially opens. Interviews will be taking place throughout the spring.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing group therapy/ leading skills groups for patients in a safe and therapeutic milieu
- Developing effective therapeutic group relationships that promote positive change in patients
- Utilizing empirically-supported interventions for presenting issues and diagnoses associated with trauma, including ACT, CPT, DBT, motivational interviewing, and psychoeducation skills
- Meeting individually with patients, as needed
- Safety planning with patients, as needed
- Charting progress of patients appropriately
- Collaborating with treatment team and outpatient providers
- Completing/participating in patients’ discharges
- Participating in professional development activities
You would be the ideal candidate, if you:
- Hold the following licenses or education: LSW (or LSW eligible), LPC (or LPC eligible), LCSW, or LCPC
- Have experience working with adults in group and individual therapy settings
- Have background and/or training in evidence-based, trauma-focused interventions, including Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) and Prolonged Exposure (PE) (*training may be provided, if candidate lacks prior training and experience with these approaches)
- Possess knowledge of CBT, DBT, ACT and group dynamics
- Have previous experience working with patients in crisis as well as those who have experience trauma
The benefits of working at Compass Health Center:
Compass Health Center offers our full time employees a competitive total compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision and Accident Insurance
- 401K with generous company match
- Increased PTO with years of employment
- Favorable raise structure, with the opportunity for annual salary increases