What you will do
Working within a complex customer and/or client and strong account management environment, the Jr. National Account Manager, in collaboration with and under the direction of Sales Management and/or the designated National Account Manager(s) (NAM), is responsible for maintaining strong relationships, delivering superior customer service, developing and expanding existing or target customer(s) and as required, initiating and completing sales of JCI products and services, while providing support to the designated NAM in his/her sales efforts. This person works with and supports one to three NAMs who manage larger existing National Accounts. As required, the incumbent will make contributions to the strategic business plan for assigned customers and with account leadership will implement the strategic and tactical initiatives, vision and goals.
How you will do it
- Working within a complex customer/client and strong account management environment, the Junior National Account Manager, in collaboration with and under the direction of Sales Management and/or the designated National Account Manager(s) (“Nam’s”), is responsible for maintaining strong relationships, delivering consistent superior customer service, developing and expanding existing or target customer(s).
- Personally contacts assigned customers in person and by phone, to establish and maintain a high level of quality and timely service for maximum retention.
- Under the direction of Sales Management and/or the National Account Manager, initiates and completes sales of JCI products and services while providing support to the designated National Account Manager in his/her sales efforts for the target account(s).
- In collaboration with Sales Management and the designated National Account Manager, develops and implements account penetration plans and activities to achieve targeted sales growth for National Accounts at a rate and profit margin consistent with the strategic business plan. Plan is to include but is not limited to, customer parent-child relationships; current state of account- issues/pain points; current solutions, technologies and products as well as opportunities for new service offerings; and competitor activities.
- Develops and expands existing or target Strategic Customer(s) for assigned accounts and or geographical areas.
- Targets to spend 25% of time prospecting for new accounts.
What we look for
- 4-Year College Degree in Sales/Marketing or other related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of sales of electronic security or related equipment or high level sales support within a complex sales and account management environment. Demonstrated strategic and/or tactical business planning.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with executive level and industry/segment professional organizations both internally and externally.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership ability and ability to be a team player at all levels.
- Ability to comprehend, develop and effectively execute business plans, account portfolio management, and opportunity analyses.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents (terms and conditions, technical procedures, etc.).
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, with the ability to make presentations to senior level executives.
- Strong business acumen and ability to quickly develop a solid understanding of sales to the applicable vertical market customer(s).
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers