Energy Efficiency Engineer
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL - Energy’s Sustainable Use group is seeking an Energy Efficiency Engineer to join our team helping commercial and industrial electric customers save energy and money. DNV GL has been retained by a large utility to manage its Commercial and Industrial energy efficiency programs. This position is based out of our Oak Brook, IL office.
Tasks May Include
- Review and verify technical merits of business customer energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications
- Customer site inspections to verify the installation of energy efficient equipment. Interact with customers to address questions or concerns about installed equipment or programmatic information
- Database queries and program data analysis
- Educate contractors about the program
- Provide flexible support to other team members on an as-needed basis
Note: Please submit a Cover letter (required) with your resume that details your specific knowledge in energy efficiency as well as your strengths relative to the other requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent required. An educational emphasis on energy and/or energy experience is strongly preferred
- Minimum 1 year of Energy Efficiency experience or related coursework/internship
- Proficiency with database and analysis tools is required
- Intermediate Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge required
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills for customer communication required
- Individual should display a positive, team-oriented attitude to match our friendly work environment
- Reliable transportation required
- Must be able to meet the requirements to drive for company business
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 25% of the time
- Position will require onsite inspections and walking of the customer’s locations. Some light climbing
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: