Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Clinical Call Center RN or LPN
Location: 1520 Kensington Rd. Oak Brook, IL
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing company of primary care centers for adults on Medicare in medically-underserved communities where there is little to no quality healthcare. Oak Street's care is based on an entirely new model that is based on value for its patients, not on volume of services. The company is accountable for its patients' health, spending more than twice as long with its patients and taking on the risks and costs of their care.
The Clinical Call Center RN or LPN serves as an extension of our care teams by triaging patient calls for clinics across Oak Street Health. Call center nurses ensure patient needs are met in a timely manner by working in partnership with call center agents and staff in the clinic including nurses, providers, and social workers. S/he will leverage professional judgment, critical thinking and state regulations to deliver patient care.
- Provide nursing care services under the direction of the call center manager, Oak Street Health protocols, and providers
- Take incoming calls to coordinate patient care, communicating with patients, their caregivers, and internal and external providers and healthcare agencies
- Identify problems or gaps in care, offering opportunity for intervention and health education where needed
- When appropriate, deliver test results, complete medication refills, make outbound calls
- Collaborate with the patient's provider, or care team for input, when needed, to deliver high-quality care
- Accurately and succinctly document patient concerns and nurse assessment and response in real time
- Other duties as assigned, and which may change from time to time, as may the work setting and hours
- Note: This position does not offer face to face patient care.
This position reports to the Clinical Call Center Manager.
What we're looking for
- A flexible, collaborative team player with solution-oriented approach to problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, offering a warm and friendly approach on the phone
- Experience working within an electronic health record
- Experience offering telephonic triage
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required
Licensure: Either -
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in Illinois and/or Indiana, in good standing without limitations of licensure, with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred but not required
- Preferably with 2 years experience as an RN, preferably with the geriatric population or in primary care
- Licensed as LPN with current license in Indiana, Michigan, or Illinois.
- 2 years of experience preferred. Preferred experience in physician offices or triage.
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky“. What it means to be OAKY:
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can't be found in other clinical workplaces, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- Paid vacation/sick time, retirement options, as well as health, vision and dental benefits
- Brand new, beautiful working environment
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- Supportive and fun culture
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work. In return, we expect the best out of co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers