Associate Director, Trauma Program
Who We Are
Compass Health Center is one of the largest providers of PHP/IOP services in North America, providing crisis-level mental health care in a comfortable, outpatient setting. With robust programs for children as young as five through all stages of adulthood, we are proud to offer multi-disciplinary, evidence-based treatment to those in need.
With current locations in Northbrook and Chicago, we are excited to be opening our third facility in Oak Brook, IL. At this state of the art facility, we will continue to further our mission of setting the standard of excellence within the PHP/IOP space.
We are seeking an experienced clinician to join us as an Associate Director within our Trauma Program. This program treats individuals from age 18 throughout the life span. As an Associate Director, you will work with patients to develop and carry out appropriate treatment plans and compassionate care, as well as act as a leader within the Trauma Program.
Note that this role will ultimately be based in Oak Brook, but will be training in Chicago/Northbrook from mid-June until early-August when the Oak Brook facility officially opens. Interviews will be taking place throughout the spring.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development and implementation of program material and curriculum
- Continued development and refinement of Trauma Program (i.e. creating new groups, addressing individual patient needs in the context of the program, etc.)
- As indicated, participating in community outreach
- Schedule, conduct and write intakes of new patients to the program
- Advertise, interview, hire staff, as needed
- Oversee initial and continuing insurance needs of patients
- Provide group, individual, and family therapy, as needed
- Communicate with patient’s family members or support system, as needed
- Coordinate care with patient’s outside providers to ensure continuity of care
- Assess patient’s progress and need for higher level of care or discharge
- Assess patient’s needs for individual CPT and deliver clinical interventions accordingly (i.e. Impact Statement, additional CPT worksheets, etc.)
- Implement ACT in individual sessions with patients
- Assist Program Director in managing and supervising clinical staff within the program.
- Engage in frequent communication and collaboration with team members via rounds, EMR notes, emails, and face-to-face communication
- Chart progress of patients appropriately
- Participates in professional development activities
You would be the ideal candidate if you possess:
- Master’s level clinician with 3+ years of post-master’s clinical experience conducting intakes, assessments, individual, family, and group therapy
- Hold one of the following licenses: PhD, PsyD, LCSW, or LCPC
- Knowledge and experience of group dynamics utilizing CPT, ACT, DBT, and Motivational Interviewing, among other effective and efficacious treatments
- Experience with patients in crisis
- Program development and implementation experience
- Experience supervising mental health workers, both licensed and seeking licensure
- Excellent time management skills, ability to juggle multiple demands simultaneously in a fast paced and changing environment
- Experience with program target population in group and individual therapy settings