Adolescent Family Therapist
Who We Are
Compass Health Center is one of the largest providers of PHP/IOP services in North America, providing crisis-level mental health care in a comfortable, outpatient setting. With robust programs for children as young as five through all stages of adulthood, we are proud to offer multi-disciplinary, evidence-based treatment to those in need.
With current locations in Northbrook and Chicago, we are excited to be opening our third facility in Oak Brook, IL. At this state-of-the-art facility, we will continue to further our mission of setting the standard of excellence within the PHP/IOP space.
We are seeking clinicians with a passion for delivering evidence-based family therapy in to adolescents (ages 13-18) and their families. If you work effectively with patients in crisis, possess an excellent work ethic, feel passionate about patient care and have the ability to work collaboratively with others, you would be an ideal addition to the team.
Note that this role will ultimately be based in Oak Brook, but will be training in Chicago/Northbrook from mid-June until early-August when the Oak Brook facility officially opens. Interviews will be taking place throughout the spring.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating family sessions to a caseload of assigned adolescent patients and their caregivers.
- Providing guidance and support to patients and family members to help promote goals and encourage patients progress through the program.
- Providing direction to families about effective ways of supporting adolescents. Discussion topics and family therapy goals include safety plans, incorporating skill implementation at home, offering psychoeducation, improving communication, creating home contracts.
- Assisting in supporting families through phone coaching and follow-up calls.
- Supporting patients in crisis.
- Coordinating with the treatment team. This involves attending rounds and other program meetings regularly as well as using the electronic systems of communication.
- Communicating with outside providers conducting family therapy for continuity of care.
- Collaborating with the treatment team in assessing the patient’s progress and need for higher level of care, stepdown, or discharge.
- Helping the family to coordinate an effective discharge plan.
- Providing individual support to patients as needed.
- Contributing clinical observations and insights during interdisciplinary meetings.
- Charting progress of patients appropriately in the electronic medical record.
- Participating in program meetings as needed.
- Working on projects focused on program improvement and the overall growth and development of Compass.
- Participating in a weekly family therapy meeting
- Working on projects focused on program improvement and the overall growth and development of Compass
You would be the ideal candidate, if you:
- Have two years, post master’s family therapy experience
- Have two years, post master’s experience working in higher levels of care
- Hold the following licenses or certification: LCSW, LCPC, or LMFT
- Possess a core skill set of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Experience working with those who struggle with substance use is a plus but not necessary
The benefits of working at Compass Health Center:
Compass Health Center offers our full time employees a competitive total compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision and Accident Insurance
- 401K with generous company match
- Increased PTO with years of employment
- Performance based raise structure, with the opportunity for anual raises
- No weekends or on call responsibilities
- Annual CEU series provided on site