Sr. Engineer, Software Engineering (Specialty)
What are your top 3 required technical skills?
- Java or object oriented programming
- Automatic testing experience or QA
- Rest API
- Coordinate and participate in the review and testing activities to ensure the quality and functionality of assigned Client developed systems.
- Assist project team in identifying and monitoring project testing risks and issues.
- Perform automated and manual testing and validate results to confirm adherence and conformance to installation standards and methodologies.
- Review user manuals for accuracy.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with Development Leads, Project Manager and Senior Management throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Ability to coordinate and interact across multiple departments.
- Review project test and implementation schedules.
- Monitor, document, and report the current status of projects.
- Participate in review of project deliverables.
- Actively participate in all aspects of the Agile process to include story pointing, attending elaboration sessions, and creating acceptance criteria.
- Manage defect resolution process and support outside testing environments such as Testing Services.
- Follow and promote Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department.
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
- Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC.
- Ensure adequate test coverage System Testing/Integration and Regression Testing
All About You:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; able to communicate with technical people as well as management and business.
- Has a broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts, Testing and Methodologies is required.
- Ability to be flexible, accountable, reliable, and industrious.
- Establish a strong presence as a change agent providing innovative, effective, and efficient Quality Assurance practices and solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple priority efforts in parallel and ensure Quality Assurance standards are followed.
- Ability to work in an Agile environment.
- High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Fluent in Java and object-oriented development
- Strong background in test automation with a focus on APIs
- Experience REST Assured, Apache REST or other service-layer framework
- Working experience with JDBC connections, Oracle databases and PL/SQL
- Experience with JUnit and/or TestNG
- Working experience with Selenium WebDriver (Java)
- Working experience of delivery tools and scripting (Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Working knowledge of ALM tool.
- Experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry or other cloud platforms
- Experience and knowledge of continuous delivery and/or continuous integration.
- Experience with Spring Framework
- SoapUI Pro / Ready API
- Groovy scripting
- Familiar with the SAFe methodology is a plus.
Direct: 615-358-8486 | 629-444-0894
Ph: 615.392.4341 Ext: 278