Direct Support Professionals
PRN -On Call Position -Weekends- Evenings & Over-night shifts
Must have reliable transportation.
$12.24 (Shift Differentials Offered)
Direct Support Professionals assist in creating an environment in which individuals diagnosed with a severe and persistent mental illness and/or a developmental disability will have the opportunity to grow and make the transition to community living. This will be done not only in the areas of supporting, encouraging and instructing, but also by modeling for them the desired behaviors. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the implementation of Treatment Plan.
- Support, encourage, assess, and document resident performance of Activities of Daily Living Skills and progress towards outcomes/goals according to their Treatment Plan.
- Interact with members in a supportive and positive manner at all times.
- Transport residents to activities and appointments.
- Assist in supplying 24-hour supervision.
- Ensure physical safety of members.
- Plan and prepare of daily meals in accordance with any required nutrition plans.
- Grocery shopping; Household supply shopping
- Administer medications and document any adverse reactions.
- House Maintenance and Cleaning Duties
Additional Job Duties:
- To adhere to all policies and procedures of the Crider ISL/PISL.
- Attend all training as required by Crider Health Center, Accreditors and Funders.
- Regular attendance (except as excused).
- Diploma from accredited high school or GED as recognized by the US Department of Education.
- Staff shall be at least 18 years of age and have a minimum of high school diploma or GED plus two years of direct health care experience
- Obtain and/or maintain a current chauffeur’s license/insurance
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle with current insurance, registration and copy of inspection as required by state laws
- Obtain certifications as a Medication Technician I and CPR/First Aid.
- Commitment to Personal & Service Excellence
- Team Oriented and Values Diversity
The Community Living Instructors receive administrative supervision from the Pathways Director of Nursing, ISL/PISL House Manager with clinical oversight by the Mental Health Professional.