Information Assurance Analyst
Position: Information Assurance (IA) Analyst
Our organization is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter, with a positive outlook, along with willingness and ability to work with and help others to join our team in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. The Information Assurance (IA) Analyst will employ a multi-discipline approach to support the Air Force Mobility Command (AFMC) Air Mobility Command mission for the Mobility Air Force (MAF) Command and Control (C2) Business Systems, projects, applications, and infrastructures. These services in total are referred to as Applications, Infrastructure and Systems Support (AISS). This program is essential to meeting these IT security challenges by leveraging hardware, software, services, and support resource consolidation. The ideal candidate will provide support in information assurance remediation, continuous monitoring support and coordination.
Clearance Requirement: Active DoD – Secret
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages, tracks, and provides support of compliance with and completion of higher headquarters directives such as Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVAs), task orders (TASKORDS), etc.
- Analyzes threat advisories and vulnerability scans of the C2 environment received from external agencies to identify new findings and track remediation of existing vulnerabilities to support delivered fix actions within the Vulnerability Management program.
- Supports AISS compliance with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and coordinates the review and completion of STIG checklists across the AISS team.
- Supports weekly patch remediation bundle for the C2 systems.
- Coordinates artifacts required in support of Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures using government furnished equipment (GFE).
- Ability to clearly communicate to non-technical users.
- Aptitude to address negative situations and resolve them in a positive manner.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- IAT Level II minimal (Security+ ce)
- Desired: BS in Cyber, technical or scientific fields such as Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Technology, etc.
Background and Experience:
- 5 years minimum experience. Preferred 5 years in RMF, IA, or other cybersecurity related fields.
Required Technical Skills:
- Knowledge and experience of STIGs
- Knowledge of vulnerability / virus scanning applications, reporting and analysis
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework processes
- Knowledge of Enterprise Mission Support Service(eMASS) and Command Cyber Readiness Inspection (CCRI) Scoring metrics
- Working knowledge of Host Intrusion Protection Systems
- Working knowledge of Air Carrier Analysis System, Yellowdog Updater Modifier , and Windows Server Update Services operations
Desired Technical Skills:
- System administration experience with Windows Server and RedHat Linux
- Knowledge and understanding of the tools, concepts, practices and procedures of security incident management and threat intelligence
- Troubleshooting skills, particularly with agent and policy issues
- Preferred: Experience with AFMC, C2 and Business systems:
- Air Carrier Analysis System (ACAS)
- Consolidated Air Mobility Planning System (CAMPS)
- Global Air Transportation Execution System (GATES)
- Global Decision Support System (GDSS)
- Mobility Enterprise Information Services (MEIS)
- Mobility Air Forces Automated Flight Planning Service (MAFPS)
- Strong personal skillset with technical expertise
- Detail-oriented with proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to utilize available tools and resources to resolve issues
- Ability to communicate effectively with technicians and senior leadership
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require movement about the office for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are not hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Contractor site with 0-10% travel possible
- Possible off-hours work to support releases and outages
- Occasional movement of small articles up to 10lbs
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Continually operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Occasionally required to move self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environment including tight and confined spaces
- Continually required to communicate information and ideas so others will understand
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Veterans/Disabled