Citizen’s mission is to protect the world. We began by opening the NYC and San Francisco 911 system to local Citizen app users, creating access to real-time crime and safety information. By increasing situational awareness and transparency, we hope communities will become safer than ever before.
Since our launch in New York, over 10% of New Yorkers have now used Citizen, and that growth is accelerating. We're now live in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and Baltimore, with many more cities on the way. Citizen notifications have urged people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks and have even led to a rescue of a 1-year-old from a stolen car.
We’re looking for passionate, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up new cities and expand globally.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, and Founder’s Fund.
Citizen is searching for a Product Researcher who will play a key role in understanding the needs and motivations of our users, our Guardian community, and our partners in the public sector (Police Departments / Fire Departments / First Responders / Mayors / Governors / State and Government). In this role, you will be responsible for gathering insights using qualitative and quantitative methods that will drive our product roadmap and strategy.
- Create, develop, and foster relationships with Government agencies, first responders, etc. to bring Citizen nationwide
- Work closely with product teams to identify important research questions
- Introduce the discipline of research to Citizen, while advocating for people who use our products
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Work cross-functionally with product management, data science, engineering, and marketing
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- Hire and grow a team of researchers
- B.A/B.S. in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, or a related field
- 5+ years work experience, ideally in consumer tech, growth-stage companies, or a design consultancy
- Prior experience working with consumer products at scale
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Self-starter with ability to multitask and manage time effectively under tight deadlines
- True entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to operate successfully in a growth company environment
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.