Citizen’s mission is to protect the world. We open up the 911 system to everyone, creating access to real-time crime and safety information.
We send millions of crime, fire, and other safety notifications each month, alerting our users to emergencies and dangerous situations near them. We’re currently operating in New York, San Francisco, Baltimore, Los Angeles, and Philadelphia, with more cities coming very soon.
We are looking for a program manager to own our hardware program as we scale nationwide. This job is based out of our New York City office, but may involve occasional travel.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, and Founder’s Fund.
Why Is This Role Important?
Our team builds and manages infrastructure to ingest and analyze data feeds used to send out safety alerts. We’ve built custom hardware that enables us to do this efficiently. As a Technical Program Manager, you’ll own metrics related to the expansion and build-out of our hardware fleet, including planning, inventory, build, QA, and deployment.
- Develop monthly deployment plans and coordinate engineering and operational dependencies
- Coordinate all hardware inventory and procurement
- Assemble and QA hardware devices alongside our engineering team
- Work with deployment partner to coordinate all installation and maintenance schedules
- Manage real estate contracts with colocation centers
- Monitor device metrics to identify potential issues and facilitate resolution
- Provide feedback on product roadmap as relates to our hardware program
- Travel to new cities when necessary to conduct research prior to launch
- Experience managing complex programs across multiple geographic locations
- Ability to precisely and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- A+ problem-solver, thinking critically to get to the root of problems
- Hands-on experience with hardware/software technical support
- Basic experience with IT concepts such as network configuration and remote device admin
- Comfort managing complex spreadsheets or equipment databases
- Interest in RF theory or experience with HAM radios, SDR, or other RF devices are a plus
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.