Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success.
Freshly, the leading healthy prepared meals delivery service, is looking for an exceptional Staff Accountant to join its Finance and Accounting team. This individual will assist with finance and accounting functions while working closely across all functions within the organization. Freshly’s mission is to help the world eat healthy, feel better, and live more. Our products are cooked fresh-to-order and delivered right to subscribers’ doorsteps each week. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality and 100% all-natural ingredients. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and contain no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. Candidates will be responsible for month-end close tasks as well as daily tasks to ensure our records are processed timely and accurately. This individual will also assist in weekly and monthly financial reporting, which will include areas like fixed assets, leases, inventory, operating expenses, prepaid expenses, accruals, and other areas.
- Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts and subsystems to ensure that they are in balance.
- Communicate with nationwide accounting team as well as work closely with Accounting Manager to prepare necessary management reporting.
- Prepare reports for use by the finance teams nationwide as well as for internal and external audit purposes.
- Provide directions in solving non-routine and complex reconciliation issues, perform research and evaluate problems to determine best course of resolution.
- Support the design and implementation of electronic invoice processing system.
- Preparation of monthly journal entry transaction entry into ERP System.
- Prepare and record vendor invoices, employee expense reports, and corporate credit card charges.
- Prepare and maintain W9 records to assist with compliance and regulatory 1099 filings.
- Assist with implementation of controls and documentation procedures.
- Assist and support cost accounting calculations and analysis.
- Support enhancement of accounting processes and general ledger capabilities.
- Liaise with other departments to obtain proper approvals and provide reporting to monitor expenses and analyze variance to budget/plan.
- 3+ years accounting experience in operations and/or manufacturing.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A) in Accounting.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously and handle adverse and urgent situations with rapid changes in priorities.
- Strong PC background with working knowledge of ERP and warehouse management systems. Proven time management and project management ability. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Desire to work in an exciting, start-up environment that encourages individual growth and excellence.
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all-natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here's some recent chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!