As a key contributor on our Customer Success team, you will be the technical content solutions engineer to deeply understand your client's data content needs and create the Crux solutions that exceeds their expectations. Working with sales counterparts, you’ll help acquire new customers, expand relationships and drive market share and revenue growth.
You will be the go-to engineer for clients and able to address their challenges and opportunities by applying your expertise working with financially relevant data content. Utilizing your knowledge of how quants use data to drive improved investment performance, you will help shape the Crux product roadmap. You are keen to see your clients succeed and are passionate to accelerate Crux adoption across the industry. You make data delightful.
- Stand as the technical liaison, collaborating with sales, marketing and data engineering teams to develop customized presentations, demos, prototypes and trials
- Contribute to sales scripts, lead customer discovery, implement pilots, share knowledge expertise, and guide solution development/deployment
- Develop functional and technical data engineering specifications for client quotes and contracts
- Communicate customer requirements and potential competitor solutions.
- Provide a strong technical response in support of customer needs
- Manage client pilots, ensuring that they are engaged with the data sets, the pilot, and moving toward a winning solution
- Educate a variety of audiences, including data engineering, developers, and sales regarding technical and architectural concepts
- Keep current on Crux platform and data engineering releases and new features, assist in training new hires and colleagues
- Document and deliver both product feedback and new requirements from the field
- Develop a deep understanding of the Crux offering, working closely with sales to resolve critical client and technical issues
- 7-10+ years financial services investment process and pre-sales experience
- Experience successfully demonstrating and articulating the value of a platform approach to data engineering within financial services
- Proficiency in python and SQL programming
- Ability to influence both technical and executive audiences
- Savvy presentation and demonstration skills, fluidly translating complex data and technology concepts
- Advocate for team selling, partnering with sales to qualify opportunities and align key client stakeholders
- Passion for data and analytics, a philosophy of using technology to help solve business problems
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in collaborative, fast paced team environment
- Curiosity to learn and assimilate data content and technical information quickly; enthusiasm to share and teach others
- Available for 25% travel
Crux is a data delivery and operations company that takes on the critical, yet commoditized tasks of ingesting data and getting it ready for analysis by financial institutions. We are experiencing rapid growth from financial firms turning to Crux to process and onboard the data they need.
Crux is transforming how the financial services industry works with data. For years, data discovery, operations, and delivery have been expensive, time consuming, and frustrating for financial firms. We are solving this challenge by creating a new technology solution: the go-to platform for data delivery. Crux is in high demand and we have a clear path to success.
Founded in 2017 by a seasoned team of data professionals, Crux has grown to a team of 70 employees in San Francisco and New York. It is backed by leading industry players, including Citi, Goldman Sachs, and Two Sigma.
At Crux, diversity is valued and treatment of employees and applicants are based on merit, talent and qualification. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We believe the key to success is bringing together unique perspectives and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For qualified applicants with criminal histories, consideration will be consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.