OnSiteIQ is computer vision based platform for construction risk. We are an early stage startup with a group of highly motivated entrepreneurs, ambitious on building the future of visual documentation and risk assessment for construction sites. With ground breaking technology we are re-imaging how construction sites are built with more transparency, accountability, and safety in mind.
Technology is DNA and at the core of everything we do at OnSiteIQ. An engineering role at OnSiteIQ requires an all-in startup mentality, a team-first attitude, self-motivation, a strong desire to succeed, and build world class products. Join a diverse founding team with deep domain experience in 3D graphics, computer vision, artificial intelligence, and the construction & insurance industry as we push the boundaries in a space ripe for innovation.
Candidates should have the ability to contribute in all phases of the development and design process, work with a distributed team, and executed in an agile development environment while maintaining good dev ops discipline. Strong programming and problem-solving skills, computer science fundamentals (i.e., data structures, object-oriented design, and algorithms) are a must.
What You'll Do:
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and design teams across OnSiteIQ to build consistent and clear products for user experience
- Prototyping, testing, and iterating upon new features
- Execute in an agile development environment and write robust, highly tested, well-crafted code
- Contribute to the product development roadmap, code reviews and have your code reviewed, and bringing new technologies to continuously improve and innovate software engineering process at OnSiteIQ
- Minimum 2 years of experience in frontend software development environment
- Track record of building responsive layouts, UX, and Product oriented development experience: extreme attention to details and deliver a high-quality user experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills
- Collaborative and a standout colleague. Able to balance working individually and being part of a team
Phenomenal Team Members Have:
- Experience with cloud based development environments. Especially in AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, S3, CloudFront etc.,)
- Familiarity with Python and Django framework or basic backend development experience (Python, Postgres DB, Linux)
- Extensive experience working with any version control system. Git (Github) experience is a plus
- Mobile development experience is a plus
- Experience with test-driven development practices (i.e., Unit Testing) and Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD) practices
- Experience with software testing and/or interfacing with test teams
What is it like to work for OnSiteIQ:
- We are a team of entrepreneurs hell-bent on changing the world of construction and insurance
- Our vision is to have the largest data set of construction risk in the industry
- Our mission is for our technology to touch every construction site in the world to help save lives
- We have crafted the strongest team of advisors in construction, risk and real estate
- We are Venture backed by a world-renowned leaders in risk and InsureTech
- 3 people per day die on construction sites here in the United States
- The vast majority of these fatalities can be avoided by a better risk control process in place
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.