Sr. IT Support Specialist
Thrive Global is the leading behavior change technology company helping individuals and companies reach peak performance, ultimately ending the stress and burnout epidemic. We’re leading the global conversation about well-being and performance and creating tools and programs that help people go from knowing what to do to actually doing it.
We’re seeking a highly motivated Sr. IT Support Specialist to join our team. A strong background in modern workplace technologies - specifically SaaS - is a must, but we are looking for a well rounded individual who will join our lean but effective team. If you are eager to learn, want to accomplish challenging goals, and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, this is the role for you.
Our IT team supports our New York and San Francisco offices as well as remote team members. Our teams are temporarily remote right now, but this role will be New York based and will include on-site work.
How You'll Contribute:
- Work on-site at the Thrive NY office 2-3 times a week to maintain Thrive’s IT systems
- Occasionally work on IT/security projects from research to implementation, including development and documentation of IT/security procedures
- Work with IT team to drive solutions to problems impacting the day to day user experience
- Help manage IT onboarding and offboarding processes
- Troubleshoot, resolve and triage incoming Techops tickets
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software, VOIP devices, network issues
- Pivot between priorities while ensuring that everyone is handled with the utmost care
- Provide polished white-glove service at the drop of a hat, you will see the issue through all the way!
- 5+ years of experience in an IT Support role
- Burning desire to offer best in class support to all employees at Thrive
- Excellent knowledge of Mac OS
- Provide excellent follow up and service for all of your 'customers', your Thrive teammates!
- Able to handle users with varying levels of technical skills.
- Can coach and train users on best practices
- Well versed in GSuite
- Willing to attain certifications, elevating your skillset
- Willing to learn new systems
- Great sense of customer service, team spirit
- Comfortable and calm under pressure when assisting leadership, execs and VIPs
- Ability to move quickly and efficiently when needed
Nice to Haves:
- Technical experience in OSX, Windows iOS, Android, and Chrome OS operating systems
- Ensuring best-in-class support to high level executives on a wide range of technologies both onsite and remotely
- Service-oriented self-starter who takes initiative; strong sense of ownership and sense of urgency to drive tasks to completion
- Have the ability to work well with employees from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Excel in data collection and investigation in regard to a recurring issue. Asking the right questions when troubleshooting
- Maintain internal knowledge base and documentation
What We Offer:
- A mission-driven company that’s truly making difference in the lives of people around the world
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth strategy
- Human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, vision and dental coverage + 401k program with company match
- Generous paid time-off programs
- Great office in SoHo, NYC (once we re-open)
Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price we must pay for success is a delusion. We know, instead, that when we prioritize our well-being, our decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically. Thrive Global is committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving.