Method is a product & service strategy consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful, and human, and we work with great clients to create a better future.
Design and technology are at the core of our business. We use these as tools to take on complex challenges and identify unique and meaningful opportunities for our clients. Our team - based in both From our offices in New York and London - works with a wide range of organizations, including startups, blue chip companies, nonprofits, government bodies, and more. We have partnered with clients in many industries, such as Healthcare, News & Media, Automotive, Aviation, Insurance, and Professional Services.
This role is open to individuals with interaction design backgrounds. As a Senior Designer at Method your role is to collaborate with multidisciplinary designers and support design leadership to define and drive project vision forward. While your skills extend across different areas your experience and skills include raising the standards for digital product design, service design, and creating new expressions for global brands. In this role, you will break down complex problems and bring them to life through constant collaboration, iteration, and validation.
What you can expect to do here:
- Design digital solutions with different disciplines in a highly collaborative environment
- We thrive on being challenged. You will get to implement innovative solutions to simplify complex problems in a variety of sectors
- Collaborate on and influence the different stages of a digital products and services—this includes shaping project scope, contributing to internal and external strategy, and conducting research. You will also take ownership of your area of expertise to elevate the project vision and carry it forward
- Directly impact studio culture. We are a fairly small team and we like to build relationships inside and outside of the studio
What you bring to the role:
- Experience designing digital products and services. Your portfolio should reflect an exceptional foundation of design principles and how they translate to digital mediums
- 5+ years experience in digital product design, design research, and/or service design
- Making-as-thinking approach—rapid iteration through sketching, prototyping, and testing should feel like second nature
- A strong understanding of visual systems, interaction patterns, and established user behaviors. You know the rules and when to break them to better serve the user
- High standards for craft—this includes UI expression, motion studies, brand expression, and development ready files, technical documentation, and information architecture.
- A unique point of view. You are trusted to question approaches, processes, and strategy to better serve the team
- Curiosity in digital experiences as a whole: research, testing, and new technologies
We look for patient and friendly individuals who are smart, kind and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to think on their feet, learn fast, and develop points-of-view for a constantly changing world find Method an exciting place to work. Our team members have the ability to listen, see value in other opinions, and are able to collaborate respectfully and effectively. We look for proactive leaders who can take and give direction, lead by example, enjoy the making as much as they do the thinking, especially at senior and leadership levels.
If you are a curious person that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.