We are looking for talented, charismatic and self-motivated Business Development Managers (BDM), to join our successful team in New York. This is an exciting opportunity for BDMs with experience of the cyber security industry, to join a premium cyber security consultancy.
BDMs are at the heart of our business. They play a key role in acting as a trusted adviser for our existing customers. Utilising their knowledge and expertise of Context’s services, and the security industry more widely, they will drive the business forward; breaking into new markets and attracting new clients.
The role has a strong consultative emphasis. Successful candidates will have a passion for security and will be determined to build strong and lasting partnerships with our clients. Our sole aim is to help our customers achieve their most important and challenging security goals. We expect our BDMs to be continually engaging in measurable activities that result in revenue generation. This will often involve exploring outside of normal sales channels/partners and customers in order to generate new business.
Day-to-day, you can expect to be involved in a variety of activities. This could involve: cold calling, prospecting through mail shots, attending meetings/industry events, seeking recommendations and referrals. We want proactive and conscientious individuals with strong relationship building skills who are eager to generate new revenue for the business, across all of our service lines.
- Attending sales meetings arranged by telemarketing team
- Prospecting through cold calling, prospecting through mail shots, attending industry events in order to network
- Manage the full sales process from start to finish for your clients
- Prepare and deliver Context presentations to prospects and clients
- Perform scoping on all projects appropriate to level of training
- Conduct client review meetings (quarterly, annually depending on account classification)
- Perform ongoing account management duties
- To focus on gaining developing and strategic accounts and focus on chosen verticals
- Responsible for developing personal business strategy to attain target
- Responsible for ongoing training within the sub-department (junior team members being mentored/managed)
- Focus on selling all of Context’s services
- Expectation to demonstrate growth in key accounts
- Requirement to perform line management and team management and responsible for the team target
- Provide holiday support in nominated accounts
- Meet regularly with line manager to ensure all targets and KPI’s are met
- Expected to meet monthly/quarterly/annual targets
- Meet all KPI’s
- Represent Context at Context events
- Represent Context at industry conferences and events
- Perform accurate internal administration and follow all internal processes and procedures
- Business, marketing, or a technology Bachelor's degree or a proven successful track record in IT consulting industry, specifically within the US market
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, or equivalent skill set, in working for an IT Security Consultancy selling penetration testing, advisory, forensic investigations or similar. Candidate must demonstrate a chosen career path in sales and be able to demonstrate over achievement in previous sales roles
- Be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge in Information Security
- Experience professional services sales in strategic and developing accounts, with sales cycles that range from approx. three months to nine months
- Proven experience in developing account penetration and development strategies, conducting cold calls, qualifying prospects, leading technical directors in sales process and strategy, making sales presentations, closing techniques, and developing service and pricing proposals
- Proven tenacity and strategic approach to lead development including, cold calling, marketing mail shots, social media etc.
- Ability to call confidently and conduct face to face meetings with senior management roles such as CISO, IT Director etc.
- Provide support and specifically training and inductions to new starters
- Provide mentoring support to nominated team members, where3 applicable
- Entertain clients where appropriate
Founded in 1998, Context is independently operated with FTSE 100 backing. We work with many high profile blue chip companies and government organisations and are recognised as thought leaders in the industry. With offices in the US, UK, Germany and Australia, we are ideally placed to work with clients worldwide. Context has played an integral role in developing cyber security frameworks; for example, the development of the CBEST framework in the UK which uses a bespoke intelligence-led approach to perform full red-team style security tests against some of the world’s largest retail and investment banks. Context has taken its existing holistic approach to penetration testing to the US market in order to assess an organisation’s overall capability to prevent, detect and respond to security incidents.
Our clients look to us to provide solutions to their most complex information security challenges, in order to protect their most critical resources. Our clients trust us with this great responsibility because of the quality of our people; leaders in their field, inquisitive, driven, determined and capable of rising to the most complex of challenges. We are passionate about developing our staff, through provision of continuous on the job and classroom based training and development opportunities. We also pride ourselves on our flexible and social working environment.
Context offers a competitive salary and benefits package.