Citizen’s mission is to protect the world. We began by opening the NYC and San Francisco 911 system to local Citizen app users, creating access to real-time crime and safety information. By growing situational awareness and visibility, we are making communities safer than ever before.
Since our launch in New York, over 10% of New Yorkers have now used Citizen, and that growth is accelerating. We're now live in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and Baltimore, with many more cities on the way. Citizen notifications have urged people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks and have even led to a rescue of a 1-year-old from a stolen car.
We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up new cities and expand globally.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, and Founder’s Fund.
The Product Manager will be instrumental in furthering our goal of keeping people safe and informed. This includes leading ideation, design, and development of new safety features, news distribution methods, growth mechanics, and more. The Product Manager will collaborate closely with the Engineering team to connect business with engineering solutions through product.
- Work closely with developers and designers to deliver a world-class consumer-facing application
- Communicate with cross-functional and leadership teams to identify product opportunities, gather requirements, and develop user stories
- Set a product roadmap and communicate priorities to the engineering team
- Work with engineering to get new features over the finish line: create wireframes, prototypes, test plans, and release checklists
- Conduct user testing and glean insights from your experiments
- Create and develop metrics to evaluate usage and success of the Citizen app
- Monitor and measure the success of product implementations, iterating as needed to improve mobile user experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
- 5-10 years experience of consumer product management
- Outstanding product sense
- Practical knowledge of native app development on iOS and Android, along with the associated design patterns
- Understanding of user-centered design as it relates to improving mobile experiences
- Experience writing user stories as a product manager
- Enjoys teaching and collaborating with others
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.