Citizen’s mission is to protect the world. We began by opening the NYC and San Francisco 911 system to local Citizen app users, creating access to real-time crime and safety information. By increasing situational awareness and transparency, we hope communities will become safer than ever before.
Since our launch in New York, over 10% of New Yorkers have now used Citizen, and that growth is accelerating. We're now live in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and Baltimore, with many more cities on the way. Citizen notifications have urged people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks and have even led to a rescue of a 1-year-old from a stolen car.
We’re looking for passionate, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up new cities and expand globally.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, and Founder’s Fund.
At Citizen we ship early and often, and you will have the opportunity to own as much of that process as you can-- from ideation and planning to development and launch. You will work closely with product and engineering teams to deliver a simple and thoughtful experience for all features we build.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering to define and deliver features
- Design wireframes, flows, sketches and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Design a cohesive UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow for the Citizen mobile app
- Champion and communicate ideas across our Product and Engineering teams
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure high-quality feature implementation
- Design with an awareness of constraints and limitations as they apply to each platform (iOS, Android, web)
- Help run qualitative research, identifying needs and pain points to inform feature development
- 5+ years of experience working in Product Design, ideally with a focus on mobile design
- An exceptional portfolio, showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design
- Knowledge of up-to-date UX best practices for mobile platforms
- Experience with prototyping as a means to communicate design solutions
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, mobile platform design guidelines, with the ability to create detailed specifications and style guides
- Enjoys coaching and collaborating with others
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.