We're democratizing audio by making it possible for anyone, anywhere, to get their voice heard. Anchor is:
• The biggest podcasting platform in the world. We now power more podcasts than any other platform.
• Powering more than 40% of all new podcasts created in the world
• Growing both podcasters and listeners to record numbers week over week
• Giving ANY podcaster the opportunity to monetize their content
• Loved and adored: see what our users say
We're an independent division within Spotify, with the power to move fast, plus the resources of the world's most forward-thinking audio company.
Come help us build the future of podcasting!
What you'll do
- Work closely with our lead product designer to help define and enforce Anchor’s style guide and strengthen the brand by ensuring that new features and product specifications align with our visual language
- Create a variety of design assets including product specifications, process flows, wireframes, pixel-perfect mockups, and prototypes
- Conceptualize, design, and test new features across all three of our platforms - web, iOS, and Android
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and design reviews
Who you are
- Experience Product Designer. You have at least 3 years of professional experience, ideally with an interactive consumer product
- Cross platform. You’re comfortable designing products for both web and mobile, and know how to translate features between the two
- Design software expertise. You’re very familiar with Sketch, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator; experience with prototyping software is a plus
- Collaborative. You’re very open to feedback and iteration; your attitude when designing is “whatever is best for the product”. You should have strong opinions, but never let them cloud your judgment when presented with facts or restrictions
- Organized. You’re extremely detail oriented, whether it comes to the structure of your design files or noticing typos or inconsistencies in your mockups
- Creative in all the right ways. You’re bursting with creative ideas, and not afraid to give them all a try… but you also know how to balance those fun ideas with resources and business needs
- All about execution. You have a proven ability to efficiently execute and quickly adapt without a lot of direct supervision, and if you ever have downtime (ha!), it’s easy for you to figure out how to fill it with something useful
- Great communicator. People often tell you that you’re great at communicating design needs, whether that’s through text or IRL
- A fan of audio. This is just a bonus, but if you’ve worked with audio in the past, whether professionally or as a personal project (podcasting, music discovery/recommendations, etc), we’ll be even more excited to add you to our team.
If you'd like to recommend a friend for this position, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.