R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 190 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
Our Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
The Legal intern will work closely with two senior lawyers (and up to five lawyers) in the NY office, supporting the team on a variety of tasks.
- Assistance with the management of the process surrounding multi-party software development agreements
- Supporting the team with general corporate legal work
- Assistance with new and existing membership agreements
Experience & Skills:
- An interest corporate law & banking law as well as previous legal experience (interns)
- Interest in start-ups, fintech and/or blockchain technology is a must
- Analytic and diagnostic skills
- Previous experience in finance, technology and/or drafting of legal documents is a plus
- International experience and foreign language(s) fluency would be beneficial
- Please note the start date for this position is Monday 1st June (subject to change) and our internship program lasts for 12 weeks; at present we can only consider applicants that commit to these time frames.
- Moreover, we cannot provide sponsorship for this position so in order to be considered, candidates will need to have the right to work in New York.