Method is a product & service strategy consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful, and human, and we work with great clients to create a better future.
Design and technology are at the core of our business. We use these as tools to take on complex challenges and identify unique and meaningful opportunities for our clients.
Our team - based in New York and London - works with a wide range of organizations, including startups, blue chip companies, nonprofits, government bodies, and more. We have partnered with clients in many industries, such as Healthcare, News & Media, Automotive, Aviation, Insurance, and Professional Services.
The IT Manager actively and effectively supports onsite and remote staff in all IT-related tasks, including on-boarding and off-boarding, purchasing and managing equipment, software license management, and general technical support. Our workstations are primarily Macs, and each of our offices (New York & London) has a Windows domain controller & file server. Each office has their own part-time IT Manager, and the position will involve close collaboration with the other IT Managers, and with the IT staff at our parent company.
- Implementation of tasks assigned without supervision in main workflows.
- Responding to support requests, diagnosing equipment, and configuring issues with a variety of applications on desktops, laptops and servers.
- Troubleshooting problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software (mostly Apple devices), e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems. Documenting resolutions for future reference.
- Producing deliverables of predictably good quality without regular reviews.
- Performing routine IT tasks and acting the first level of support (user incidents and service requests). Defining problems and change requests for next level of IT Support.
- Analyzing and offering problem resolutions in accordance with company policy, escalating to parent company when necessary.
- Preparing and installing all standard and specific IT environments (desktops, laptops, servers, peripherals, AV equipment). Installing, configuring and upgrading operating systems and software, using standard business and project specific packages.
- Assisting in the organization and running of presentations and audio/video-conferencing
- Assisting in monitoring and troubleshooting of LAN and WAN systems and resolving communications and networking problems. Assisting in installing new network hardware.
- Monitoring problem/changing activities and coordinating involvement of technical and end-users to ensure effective implementation of new or enhanced systems and resolution of user problems.
- Providing training to users on IT infrastructure usage.
- Creating and updating written documentation (user guidelines, manuals, how-to, check-lists, procedures, policies etc).
- Tracking and executing on assigned requests in the ticketing system. Working closely with end-users to resolve specific problems. Ensuring that help desk requests are completed in a timely manner. Maintaining high level of end-user satisfaction.
- Always looking for ways to improve things!
- Willingness and ability to plan and perform tasks before the deadline.
- Ambition to learn new systems, procedures, techniques in a short period of time.
- Ability to work independently or within an existing team of IT professionals.
- Initiative, self starter able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to read and understand process requirements and related documentation.
- Able to produce required result within timeframe.
- Good reporting and prioritization skills.
- Good skills to build business relations with Management/Employees/Colleagues.
- Ability to provide technical training to end users and other IT stuff.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- English Language Level: Intermediate level in writing, reading, speaking.
The Technical Experience
- Experience in Mac administration, and a solid grasp of hardware and software troubleshooting is a must have.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and Slack would be great.
- Familiarity with G Suite is essential.
- Familiarity with Meraki networking equipment a big plus.
- You should know what these things are: LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, VLAN, ARP, VPN, SMB.
- You should also know what these thing are: bash, fsck, Target Disk Mode, plists.
- You should have seen and touched an Active Directory domain before. We only use it for directory management (no Group Policy or any fancy stuff), so basic experience is fine.
- You should have used Apple Mail and Gmail together before, and have some awareness of the quirks that go with that combination.
- You should know stuff about PCs and Windows, just in case.
- Extra bonus points if you’ve deployed WiFi access points and have an understanding of RF.
We look for patient and friendly individuals who are smart, kind and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to think on their feet, learn fast, and develop points-of-view for a constantly changing world find Method an exciting place to work. Our team members have the ability to listen, see value in other opinions, and are able to collaborate respectfully and effectively. We look for proactive leaders who can take and give direction, lead by example, enjoy the making as much as they do the thinking, especially at senior and leadership levels.
If you are a curious person that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.