At ASAPP, our mission is to solve complex and challenging problems by building transformative machine learning-powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: huge economic scale, systemic inefficiencies, and tremendous amounts of data. Our talented teams that drive our product innovation and development are located in New York City, San Francisco, Mountain View, and Buenos Aires.
We're seeking a world-class HRBP with a focus on people development to join our People Operations team in our headquarters in New York City.
What you'll do
- Consult with line management and provide HR guidance
- Resolve complex employee relations issues
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provide local HR policy guidance
- Monitor and report on workforce and succession planning
- Identify and implement training needs for teams and individuals
- Suggest and participate in the definition of new HR strategies
What you'll need
- Minimum of 4+ years of people development/career growth experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Coaching experience with software engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills - listening, speaking, observing and empathizing
- Model of professionalism - ability to lead by example with regard to ASAPP values and coach others toward the same.
- An Ability to maintain confidentiality to the highest degree
- Experience handling sensitive employee relations matters
- An ability to foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies ASAPP's values
- Passion for innovation, learning and collaborative working with peers from different teams
- Proven leadership experience at complex projects with cross-functional stakeholders
What we'd love to see
- Experience working with innovative performance approaches, 360s and engagement surveys
- Knowledge of succession planning to help teams scale
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a field of business management, technology, psychology, science, or human resources
- An ability using techniques to facilitate team members to own thought processes and independence
- Competitive compensation
- Free lunch daily
- Fully stocked kitchen and snack room
- Fitness and wellness perks
- Learning and development opportunities
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.