At WorkFusion, we’re building software products that are changing the world and transforming the workplace, for the better. Our technology automates data intensive repetitive work so people can be freed from the mundane to pursue the meaningful, while companies can grow further and customers can be served faster and better.
WorkFusion is widely recognized as the world leader in intelligent process automation with its Intelligent Automation Cloud which combines RPA, machine learning and work analytics in one unrivaled platform that is easy to deploy and unlimited to scale. We compete in the fastest growing segment in software and are growing at record pace with customers spanning the globe. Our headquarters are in New York City (on Wall Street) with operations all over the world.
Our teams are dedicated to building and marketing AI-powered software for all business types, ranging from high growth startups to large enterprises with particular focus on banking, insurance, healthcare, retail, consumer products, energy, high-tech and transportation.
WorkFusion is seeking a Global Financial Controller to manage and lead the company’s financial statement preparation and presentation. The primary responsibility of the Global Financial Controller, as a global leader will be to maintain an effective accounting framework and build the internal controls function to ensure that our accounting is sound and accurately representing the company’s financial position in compliance with local laws, US-GAAP, as well as Company policies. In this capacity, the Financial Controller will highly leverage the capabilities of WorkFusion Global SSC teams in Minsk and work closely with finance leadership to assess the right team structure. The role will have overall responsibility for the timely and accurate completion of local tax and statutory filings and related audits.
This is a full-time position based in New York, New York, and reports to the VP of Finance.
Accounting & Reporting, Audits, Controls:
● Responsible for coordinating accurate and timely month-end close processes, consolidation, and the preparation of internal and external financial statements in accordance with U.S. and local GAAP (U.S., Western Europe, Canada)
● Develop, manage, and lead an engaged and high-performing accounting team
● Provide actionable insights from historical results, budgets, and forecasts
● Manage Group GAAP audit, oversee and coordinate local audits (U.S., Western Europe, Canada)
● Ensure that statutory filings are completed within required deadline
● Monitor local legislative environment and initiate policy changes if required – team with Global SSC team in time of such changes
● Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
● Build a team for SEC reporting and internal audit over time
● Manage new system implementation and optimization initiatives
Taxation & Compliance:
● Manage ongoing communication with tax advisors and any 3rd party professional service
● Responsible for tax planning and sales & use tax, VAT/GST/HST compliance (U.S., Western Europe, Canada)
● Manage tax audits and inquires; ensure compliance with applicable local tax laws and regulations (U.S., Western Europe, Canada)
● Manage periodic and annual tax filings and statistical returns, and ensure timely submission to authorities
● Partner with Legal on geo expansion and new entity set-up process
● Inform Global SSC teams in time of taxation changes affecting their procedures (e.g. VAT, T&E expense related taxation, etc.)
● Liaise with local payroll agencies in coordination with Global Payroll team – verify calculations with accounting lead
● Monitor payroll related legislation and ensure compliance with all applicable laws – ensure global payroll ops is effective and meeting our people’s needs
● Ensure all payroll processes under local control are fully compliant with internal SOX requirements
● Ensure payroll tax filings are submitted to the authorities in time and related payments are made timely
Treasury & Transfer Pricing
● Responsible for cash management and cash flow forecasts
● Hands-on control of inter-company transactions and update global TP Policy
● Monitor local transfer pricing regulations and related documentation requirements and escalate as required
● Be responsible for the completion of annual transfer pricing documentation
● MS/BS Degree in Accounting
● Holder of a local equivalent of a valid CPA qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
● Minimum 10 years’ combined working experience in the field of Accounting either at a multinational company or in Audit services (Big4)
● Excellent statutory and IFRS/US-GAAP accounting standards including related analysis and reporting
● Solid knowledge of Tax and local regulations including Transfer Pricing frameworks
● High integrity standards and reliability
● Solid understanding of partnering within Finance and with local/global setting
● Strong analytical and IT skills (preferable NetSuite, Salesforce)
● Ambitious, polished, highly articulate and strong interpersonal skills
● Excellent communication skills
An ideal candidate will have a blend of smaller, entrepreneurial and larger, more structured company experiences and appreciation for the transitions during rapid growth phases.