Snaps is the leader in connecting global brands and consumers in AI-powered automated conversations. Our award-winning technology helps executives across customer experience, marketing, e-commerce and product teams create, automate and optimize experiences that their customers will love in channels like iMessage, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, webchat, Amazon Alexa, Google Home, SMS, Google My Business, and more.
The world’s top brands, including Michael Kors, Nike, Tiffany & Co., Live Nation, Simon Properties, Lane Bryant and more leverage Snaps’ products to acquire new customers and increase lifetime value through marketing and customer experience automation.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work on our suite of applications for building, launching, and maintaining enterprise chatbots. You will also have an opportunity to work directly with our in-market chatbots to create new experiences and improve existing ones. You will work as a key member of our product and engineering team to ensure our apps are fit for purpose, running smoothly, and continuously improving.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to our applications, including bot engines, REST API, etc.
- Help with custom integration and ingestion work for clients.
- Build reusable components, libraries and patterns.
- Optimize the application for usability, performance and stability.
- Help document processes and code.
You're a great fit if you:
- Imagine yourself in the shoes of your customers and teammates.
- Have a strong and practiced learning reflex.
- See challenges as a chance to grow.
- Want to see customers getting value out of the software you write.
- Are happy to help others learn from you...
- ...hope others challenge you to learn new things as well!
- Write well-documented, maintainable code that you are proud of.
- Remain pragmatic about design vs iteration.
- Know when it is time to refactor, and when it's time to ship.
- Are focused, driven and can get challenging projects across the finish line.
- Know that sometimes it’s okay for deep work to take its time.
- Have an eye for detail both in code and in the UI.
- Have an interest in constantly learning how the team can build better, more scalable, and more sustainable solutions.
- At least 6 months of experience writing web applications.
- Experience with version control software like Git.
- Experience with build tools (webpack, npm).
- Solid communicator and attention to detail.
We'd be particularly delighted to hire someone who...
- Is very comfortable working with Docker.
- Has experience working with AWS EC2 or elastic compute on other cloud providers.
- Knows the difference between a saga and a thunk.
Come work at Snaps!
- Join us in our mission to transform the customer journey and own equity in the company.
- We offer the tangible perks you’d expect at a startup: snacks, meals, drinks, and Apple computers.
- We are a diverse group of colleagues with backgrounds in design, anthropology, media, mathematics, music, psychology & technology.
- Unlimited sick & vacation time, with an emphasis on a healthy work-life balance.
- 401k, health, dental, vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA), and Commuter Benefits.
- Quarterly team outings.
- Annual offsite event: We love the Catskills!
Snaps is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Snaps are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Third party talent firms and recruiters will not be considered for this opening.