OnSiteIQ is a computer vision platform for construction risk. We are an early stage startup with a group of highly motivated entrepreneurs, ambitiously building the future of visual documentation and risk assessment for construction sites. With ground breaking technology we are reimagining how construction sites are built with more transparency, accountability, and safety in mind.
Technology and design are at the core of everything we do at OnSiteIQ. An engineering role at OnSiteIQ requires an all-in startup mentality, a team-first attitude, self-motivation, a strong desire to succeed, and build world class products. Join a diverse founding team with deep domain experience in 3D graphics, computer vision, artificial intelligence, and the construction & insurance industry as we push the boundaries in a space ripe for innovation.
What You'll Do:
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and design teams across OnSiteIQ to build consistent and clear products for user experience
- Prototyping, testing, and iterating upon new features
- Execute in an agile development environment and write robust, highly tested well-crafted code
- Write robust, highly tested, well-crafted code
- Contribute and actively participate in code reviews
- Contribute to the product development roadmap and bring new technologies to continuously improve and innovate the software engineering process
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a front-end software development environment
- Track record of building responsive layouts, UX, and Product oriented development experience: extreme attention to detail and deliver a high-quality user experience
- Extensive experience working with any version control system. Git (Github) experience is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills
- The ability to balance working individually and being part of a team
Phenomenal Team Members Have:
- Experience with cloud based development environments, especially in AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, S3, Cloudfront etc.)
- Familiarity with Python and Django framework or basic backend development experience (Python, Postgres DB, Linux)
- Mobile development experience
- Experience Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD) practices
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) practices and/or interfacing with test teams. Jest and Enzyme or other JS testing utilities is a plus.
Why You'll Like Working for OnSiteIQ:
- Flexible PTO so you can take the time you need
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us
- We care about you. We offer a competitive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
- OnSiteIQ is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives
- 3 people per day die on construction sites here in the United States
- The vast majority of these fatalities can be avoided by a better risk control process in place
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.