We're democratizing audio by making it possible for anyone, anywhere, to get their voice heard. Anchor is:
• The biggest podcasting platform in the world. We now power more podcasts than any other platform.
• Powering more than 40% of all new podcasts created in the world
• Growing both podcasters and listeners to record numbers week over week
• Giving ANY podcaster the opportunity to monetize their content
• Loved and adored: see what our users say
We're an independent division within Spotify, with the power to move fast, plus the resources of the world's most forward-thinking audio company.
Come help us build the future of podcasting!
What you'll do
- Work directly with other engineering leaders to define key aspects of the architecture of the company's web, mobile, and back-end products
- Embody our engineering philosophy of “anything is possible”
- Actively participate in and manage all phases of development from design to post-deployment issue resolution
- Create and maintain accurate project schedules and milestones, as well as drive tasks to completion
- Work closely with the executive team to develop a software roadmap for future features and improvements
- Collaborate regularly with other team members at all stages of product development and launch
- Work with and mentor your engineering team in collaborative, lead-by-example fashion, encouraging career and personal growth
- Ensure your team meets deadlines and launch dates through an effective sprint planning process and daily standups
- Focus on high quality, high-velocity feature delivery, maintaining the balance between maximizing business impact and minimizing technical debt
- Actively participate in the hiring process as both an interviewer and decision maker
Who you are
- You have a sense of humor
- You have 8+ years of software engineering experience, and 2+ years managing engineering teams
- You get excited about challenging computer science problems, and have a love of clean code
- You have a strong foundation in server architecture, performance and optimization, data structures, git, and design patterns
- You have a willingness to interact with and extract learnings from data (ideally by writing SQL)
- You possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with team members across all functions of the company
- You have a persistent/determined work ethic and a willingness to try anything and everything
- You love podcasts, radio, or audio in general
- You are comfortable working within a fast-paced high growth startup environment
If you'd like to recommend a friend for this position, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.