Citizen’s mission is to protect the world. We began by opening the NYC and San Francisco 911 system to local Citizen app users, creating access to real-time crime and safety information. By growing situational awareness and visibility, we are making communities safer than ever before.
Since our launch in New York, over 10% of New Yorkers have now used Citizen, and that growth is accelerating. We're now live in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and Baltimore, with many more cities on the way. Citizen notifications have urged people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks and have even led to a rescue of a 1-year-old from a stolen car.
We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up new cities and expand globally.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, and Founder’s Fund.
- Develop a deep neural network for audio flagging to improve operational efficiency
- Develop a Churn model to help determine when a customer is about to churn from Citizen
- Help determine how users are targeted for notifications
- Design feed ranking algorithms to improve business objects, including: Shares, Sign-ups, etc.
- Develop models for moderating video content (TV/Games, No content, etc.)
- Select best thumbnails from a list of videos and ranking videos within an incident
- Computer Science degree or Machine Learning related degree; or equivalent work experience in the field
- Good theoretical grounding in core Machine Learning concepts and techniques
- Ability to reason about and grasp the intuition behind fundamental principles of Linear Algebra, Statistics, Probability
- Experience with a number of ML techniques and frameworks, e.g. data discretization, normalization, sampling, linear regression, decision trees, SVMs, deep neural networks, etc
- Familiarity with one or more DL software frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch
- 3+ years experience leading and delivering effective ML solutions for large scale production use cases
Nice To Have
- Experience with large-scale systems and data, e.g. BigQuery, Kafka
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- Experience with one or more DL software frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.