With offices in London, New York, Manchester, Istanbul, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Shanghai, Singapore and Hong Kong, OakNorth is the next-generation credit platform that’s redefining lending to small and medium-sized businesses globally.
OakNorth was set up in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 125 times capital to seed investors.
Since its inception, OakNorth has secured over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
In the UK, the platform has helped us build a profitable loan book (via OakNorth Bank) of over £4bn and secure over £600m of repayments. In terms of the impact this has had on the economy, OakNorth Bank’s loans have directly helped with the creation of 10,000 new homes and 13,000 new jobs in the UK, as well as adding several billion pounds to the economy. Globally, the platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia.
Today, the global team is made up of almost 730 people.
- Originate, structure, execute transactions that meet the lending requirements of OakNorth
- Manage and further develop existing customer relationships, along with identifying new relationships and opportunities in the market
- Spread financial accounts and financial modelling
- Analyze financial accounts and manage information and prepare credit memorandums
- Analyze financial models including forecasted cash flows and sensitivities to assess debt capacity and repayment
- Ensure transaction are documented in accordance with credit approved terms and credit sanctions
- Meet team and individual targets including profit, credit quality, new customers, retention and customer satisfaction
- Have an overview of ongoing relationship management and client experience
- Drive innovation in the product proposition to improve customer experience levels whilst maintaining asset quality
- Ensure high level of customer experience at all times
- Structure transactions appropriately, and prove full credit reports to approval authority
- Report of all aspects of origination to Head of Business Development in a timely manner
- Maintain close relationships with customers and reporting to Credit in line with policy, in a timely manner
- Act in accordance with OakNorth values at all times
- A background in business development, loan origination, and credit within low/middle market Commercial Banking or Leveraged Finance
- In depth understanding of middle market or Leveraged Finance banking environments
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills
- Good understanding of business processes, strategy and credit policies
- Strong credit, financial analysis and modelling skills, including the ability to write good quality, structured credit papers
- Experience in the analysis of senior, stretched senior and mezzanine cashflow unsecured transactions
- Legal documentation skills
- Experience in presenting credit case internally to a credit committee
- Strong problem-solving ability
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.