With offices in London, New York, Manchester, Istanbul, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Shanghai, Singapore and Hong Kong, OakNorth is the next-generation credit platform that’s redefining lending to small and medium-sized businesses globally.
OakNorth was set up in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 125 times capital to seed investors.
Since its inception, OakNorth has secured over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
In the UK, the platform has helped us build a profitable loan book (via OakNorth Bank) of over £4bn and secure over £600m of repayments. In terms of the impact this has had on the economy, OakNorth Bank’s loans have directly helped with the creation of 10,000 new homes and 13,000 new jobs in the UK, as well as adding several billion pounds to the economy. Globally, the platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia.
Today, the global team is made up of almost 730 people.
- Be 100% new business focused to start; own growth, development and account management of leads, distributing work streams across sales team and ensuring delivery goals are met
- Target commercial banks and drive the full sales cycle from initial lead generation through to closing the sale at decision-maker (CEO / Board) level
- Focus on North America (US based) – heavy domestic travel across the US and Canada, limited international travel across EMEA, and APAC
- A hunter sales ethics with strong sales process; a proven closer
- VP / Director level FIG Banking experience, ideally covering US / European Regional and Commercial Banks
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales revenue targets
- Experience of selling into 'C’ level decision makers
- Proven capability to create territory / vertical go-to-market strategy and execution
- Excellent face-to-face presentation skills
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.